Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope! Cheap but reliable starter scope.

Scope! Cheap but reliable starter scope.

I'v e got a lad (ex soldier) that I'm helping to get into stalking but funds are limited! I've got him a nice little savage .243 but now need a suitable scope and rings to go on it. The bases are Weaver style. I'm looking for something like a 6 x 42 or 7 x 50 Docter, Meopta, Lisenfeld, etc. that is reliable but won't break the bank! What have you got laying about?
    MS

Mike

I have a 3-9x40 BSA he can have for free if it helps? Won't be the best scope in the world, but it works...........I'll even drop it over for free if you want, we haven't had a chat for a while! .

Hi David,
    that's a fantastic offer, but will it be ok on a unmoderated lightweight .243? I'm guessing that might be more suited to an air rifle?
    It will be mainly used in a wood for relatively close muntjac so it will need a bit of light gathering ability. The chap is the new manager of the little estate where we went and shot the Pedretti!!
    Quote Originally Posted by David TS View Post
    Mike

I have a 3-9x40 BSA he can have for free if it helps? Won't be the best scope in the world, but it works...........I'll even drop it over for free if you want, we haven't had a chat for a while! .
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 26-03-2014 at 13:07.

I have a Niko Stirling 3-12x56 IR for 60 if your interested? It has been on my 243 and Ive had no problems with it.

Jimmy

Mike

Good point....they say they are built to take the recoil of a magnum springer.....

If you don't get a better offer, take it if you want and try it, and if he kills it, he kills it .

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy 84 View Post
    I have a Niko Stirling 3-12x56 IR for 60 if your interested? It has been on my 243 and Ive had no problems with it.

Jimmy
    Once again, a fantastic offer Jimmy, but it's just a little lightweight woodland stalking rifle (Savage 110). I suspect anything greater than a 50mm objective would dwarf it! It could be an option though if nothing smaller comes up. Cheers,
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 26-03-2014 at 13:53.

I have Docter 6x42 with weaver rings for 250GBP shipped, any good?
    Thanks

how about a sightron 3.5.10 x50 small ring dent as pix may show due to over clamping scope is otherwise in top shootable order did have it on my steyr scout .243, til i got the zeiss. not trying to be brash and as this is for an ex green and i'll aways help out an ex if i can. i will send you it and you can decide on the price to pay for it. the cost of a new one can be found on AIM's site and i don't expect anything like the price i payed .

Attachment 39760Attachment 39761Attachment 39762

I have Leupold M8 6x42 available for 110 plus post. 1" tube and standard duplex reticle.

Hi,

I have a Leupold VX1 3-9x50 with Duplex ret. Never used or mounted so immaculate condition. Would take 250 posted.

J