Monarch or Harkila Roe sack

Well maybe I am biased :lol:

Check out comments left on our website from happy customers & pro-stalkers who use them day-in/day-out, also 100% made in GB :british:

Available at Kelso this weekend along with Sika Sacks.

Br

Rob

Never tried Monarch but the Harkila are ideal if you want every thing in the one sack .

Last edited:
I looked at both. I chose the Monarch product - absolutely excellent construction ( I can't ever see it wearing out) and has a waist belt for getting the weight transferred to your hips, which is key for me (I carry smaller fallow in mine).

Tom

My harkila one is a good design but not impressed with the build quality . stitching came loose on the back pad and one of the straps broke off not long after getting it, should of sent it back but ended up repairing it myself. The internal bag is good though.

Which one of these are the best?

Hi there

I've used both and would highly recommend the Monarch. Just get yourself a second tie so that the liner isn't attached to the canvas outer and can be closed off separately. As a bonus there is a Jeans type stud on the shoulder strap that is great to hook your rifle sling under and the rifle stays put.

Hope that helps

FN

My harkila one is a good design but not impressed with the build quality . stitching came loose on the back pad and one of the straps broke off not long after getting it, should of sent it back but ended up repairing it myself. The internal bag is good though.
Mine did exactly the same had mine from swillingtons they examined the bag and I had my money back.

The Harkila is, sadly, of substandard quality: After 2 yrs of light use all the stitching is coming loose and the buckles of the straps have started to come off. It is now only held together by the internal rubber bag, soon fit for the bin.

I Have a Monarch roe sack, I can't fault the build quality and the design is great for lugging around and reducing volume, when empty.
Best of all it's British.

Same here the stitching on my harkila pulled loose and the shoulder strap came off. I have never had any issues at all with the monarch and would recommend it to anybody.

After my earlier (negative) post about the Harkila Roe sack I can now confirm it really, really is sub-standard. I shot a rather heavy Roe last night and thinking I would still get some mileage out of my Roe sack (with burst seems) I used it but this was one bridge too far and one of the main straps came off.
Has anybody ever tried to carry a rifle, sticks, bino, bits and pieces, and a roe carcass in a sack with just one strap over a Mile uphill in the dark? Well, I did. And today I am going to order a new Roe sack.

As an addition to all of the above...

I had a Monarch roe sack but sold it on in order to buy a Monarch sika sack ( I'm shooting more fallow now). Shot a doe this morning and delighted with the ease of getting it back to the car - bloody good kit that just works.

Might invest in one my self when my Harkila finally gives in .Was at Kelso and took a good look at the Monark not a bad sack but could it cope with what I will do with it lol.

Unfortunately Harkilas quality is very poor I have had two sets welly boots both sent back one with burst zip,the other with stitching coming out after only a few weeks .I have the roe sack not impressed with it the shoulder straps are to padded so your gun falls of your shoulder all the time.

Back