Thread: 1st outing with Nightmaster nm800

1st outing with Nightmaster nm800

I have just purchased a Nightmaster NM800 with the red LED light from Scott Country
    So was desperate to try it out, so stuck it on the top of my AirArms S410 and walked out to the back field a laid down along the hedge line. I flicked the light on every now & again & was soon on a rabbit approx. 30 yards away which I killed.
    I remained laying still for a couple of mins, then heard a sound coming from the rabbit.
    I flicked the light back on, to locate the rabbit, only to see a fox running off with my rabbit in its mouth.
    I followed it in the beam across the field to the ditch, where it stopped & looked back (150m), before it dropped out of sight into the ditch. I wish I had had the .243 handy.

The Nm800 was fantastic , I could clearly see the fox at that distance.
    I am really impressed with the Nm800 & Scott Country's service, highly recommend both.
    Next outing will see it mounted on the .243 when I can guarantee I won't see the bloody thing.

I just bought one with the new "envy" green pill, very impressed with it so far.

Neil.

They are good bits of kit, what's the difference between the original green led and the new envy one?

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    They are good bits of kit, what's the difference between the original green led and the new envy one?

Al
    Not seen the old one, but I also have the original standard red here as well at the moment, and the envy green certainly has
    more reach, and has a tighter beam when focussed right down to minimum. But at comparable settings the green always
    has more reach. Also seems to show detail better with less eye strain.

Neil.

I have the original green one, always preferred the green over the red for the reasons you mentioned. Quite like the idea of a tighter beam. What range are you getting with it?

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    I have the original green one, always preferred the green over the red for the reasons you mentioned. Quite like the idea of a tighter beam. What range are you getting with it?

Al
    Not really tried for max range yet, but last night I could easily hold the cross hairs on a swimming duck at 180 yards.
    (rifle not loaded, and no intension of shooting said duck)
    Out in the field which is just on 260 yards across I could easily see a rabbit by the hedge.

Neil.