Thread: geese

geese

Right need some advice as I truly have no flipping idea. Mist laws I know in regards to wildfowl and ground game and vermin control including what licenses to ask for etc if I don't I always have someone to turn to but I inow bugger all about Geese. Although my grandfather was a wildfowler anf loved his geese ahooting I personally have never ever shot one or been asked to until now.

The reason for asking is that owner of the ground I have shooting on asked me if there was something I could do with geese that are fouling on her lambing fields. I genuinely felt an idiot when I said I had no idea but they were ok with me finding out .

Anybody got any ideas... ty David

Quote Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
    Right need some advice as I truly have no flipping idea. Mist laws I know in regards to wildfowl and ground game and vermin control including what licenses to ask for etc if I don't I always have someone to turn to but I inow bugger all about Geese. Although my grandfather was a wildfowler anf loved his geese ahooting I personally have never ever shot one or been asked to until now.

The reason for asking is that owner of the ground I have shooting on asked me if there was something I could do with geese that are fouling on her lambing fields. I genuinely felt an idiot when I said I had no idea but they were ok with me finding out .

Anybody got any ideas... ty David
    no idea but found the link below regarding out of season licences

http://www.snh.gov.uk/docs/B878333.pdf

Cheers mate . Love the part that says you can shoot them at night but not allowed to use a lamp or nightvision lol

What sort of geese are we on about?Wf1

They will be grey ones.

As above Licence needed to kill them.

If safe to do so a few shots into the ground next to them to put them out of the field could be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
    Cheers mate . Love the part that says you can shoot them at night but not allowed to use a lamp or nightvision lol
    Its no as daft as it sounds. Plenty of geese are shot under the moon.

They can be controlled under the General Licences but the licence is different in Scotland than in England. Make sure you meet the criteria fully and your certificate covers it under 'any lawful quarry' rather than vermin etc.

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ima..._tcm6-4547.pdf

Natural England - General licences

Speak to BASC for guidance if you're not sure.
    Last edited by Jagged77; 28-03-2014 at 22:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged77 View Post
    They can be controlled under the General Licences but the licence is different in Scotland than in England. Make sure you meet the criteria fully and your certificate covers it under 'any lawful quarry' rather than vermin etc.

+1 spot on advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged77 View Post

I am lucky I have completely no restrictions on my license . All calibres are allowed for deer . Vermin . Estatr managemt blah blah blah lol

Depends what species Pinks and greys you will need the license as stated by Palmer_mike if they are canadas then they are on the general licence GL 02/2014 and can be shot as you would pidgeons crows etc as long as you follow the conditions of the license. I am assuming that your permission is in Scotland as i am not sure of the laws south of the border.
    D