Thread: Question about Pecar scope and focussing.

Question about Pecar scope and focussing.

I've recently bought a pecar 6x45 scope and can't quite figure out the front focus section.

Usually that's just for focussing on the reticle of previous scopes I've had, but this one makes no difference to the reticle at all. It doesn't seem to make much, if any, difference to the general focus either. Can anyone tell me what it was supposed to be for?

other than that, it's a lovely scope.

Thanks.

SD Regular
    The focus on some is by twisting the rear bell end. So that sometimes the "Pecar" inscription ends up facing at 90 degrees or so to the left or right of the 'scope. The ring in front of the rear bell end serving only to lock it in place once the correct focus has been achieved.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 27-03-2014 at 15:25.

Ah, I've referred to the front being the one with the Pecar inscription on it which is the eyepiece end. It will unscrew all the way off and has about a dozen turns of travel, if that helps at all.

As ES says, focus is by turning the bit with 'Pecar' on it.

The turning ring-thing in front of it doesn't focus anything: its purpose is to be screwed back against the bit with 'Pecar' on (when you've set that bit to the correct focus) to lock it firmly in place.

Yep, understand about the lock ring, it was whether the focus ring focusses the image or the reticle I was unsure of.

My Pecar 6x45 has no focus-ring. It has only the eyepiece and a locking ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    My Pecar 6x45 has no focus-ring. It has only the eyepiece and a locking ring.
    Then I'm using the wrong terminology again I'm afraid. Mine is the same, the eyepiece rotates and then has a locking ring. It was the nature of what rotating the eyepiece did that I was unsure of, daft as I'm sure that sounds.

SD Regular
    It should operate so that both the image and reticule are in focus. It may not be able to do so at very short ranges...think ten yards and under...but if it does not do so at normal ranges (in fact pretty much any distance over ten yards) then the 'scope is faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    It should operate so that both the image and reticule are in focus. It may not be able to do so at very short ranges...think ten yards and under...but if it does not do so at normal ranges (in fact pretty much any distance over ten yards) then the 'scope is faulty.
    Thanks, it seems to be fine, just not much difference with the eyepiece adjuster. Other than that it's a cracking scope, currently sat on my new CZ 452 and giving me great enjoyment learning to get back into rifle craft.