Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeroing range

Zeroing range

Hi,

I live in london and am looking to zero my rifle however I do not have access to land or a club at the moment.

Is there a zeroing/target club near the south east/ london where I could sight my rifle.

Look forward to hearing from you.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 30-06 View Post
    Hi,

I live in london and am looking to zero my rifle however I do not have access to land or a club at the moment.

Is there a zeroing/target club near the south east/ london where I could sight my rifle.

Look forward to hearing from you.

thanks

Sorry, I do not know about your close area but I do use a tunnel range at Milden hall which is not to far away. The place is costly (£36 per hour but is not too bad if two people use it, it has 2 lanes) but it means that I can practice with my unmoderated 300 win mag without the locals complaining. I use it at least once a month and it is a cracking set up.

Bisley not far down the M3
    West London Shooting school have a range but big £ i think

Bisley ranges would be closest to you I suspect...... Mildenhall is a fair drive from where you're talking just to zero a rifle!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Do you have to be a member to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by blunderbust View Post
    Sorry, I do not know about your close area but I do use a tunnel range at Milden hall which is not to far away. The place is costly (£36 per hour but is not too bad if two people use it, it has 2 lanes) but it means that I can practice with my unmoderated 300 win mag without the locals complaining. I use it at least once a month and it is a cracking set up.

Bisley is closest, but you need a Shooter Certification Card (SCC) to shoot on MOD ranges...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

You can join the NRA which allows you to book ranges & use their zero range, but I think you need to be a member of a target club & have the 'safe shooter card' from that club. At least that is how I do it, when I am not shooting with my target club.

Quote Originally Posted by shendy View Post
    Do you have to be a member to use it?
    No, just make sure you book in advance as it sometimes gets booked up.

Kynamco Testing and Zeroing Range

What about kent, Hythe or another one near it

You can also shoot at Bisley if you're a member of BASC and have a Shooter Certification Card.
    Triffid