Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New min calibre required for rats?

variation for .50cal ratting pistol anyone,nice desert eagle or sig .youd solve the worlds food shortage harvesting that size of sweet n sour chicken

biggest I have shot was on a chicken farm and weighed 1lb12oz but was a heavily pregnant doe. must say I approached it with some trepidation even though it had received a bisley pest control square in the chest at 15 yards. Personally id be getting a little .410 pistol for the job

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    variation for .50cal ratting pistol anyone,nice desert eagle or sig .youd solve the worlds food shortage harvesting that size of sweet n sour chicken
    Rat isn't too bad actually - if it's grain fed (ie. off farmland). I'd go so far as to say better than rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Rat isn't too bad actually - if it's grain fed (ie. off farmland). I'd go so far as to say better than rabbit.
    Mungo - what's biltongued rat like?

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Mungo - what's biltongued rat like?

That I cannot say.

Deep fried or grilled on a skewer with some chilli sauce, though, and you've got a tasty snack.

Did you ever see them selling them by the side of the road after the harvest? Little kids waving fistfulls of spatchcocked rat-on-a-stick.

I had cane rat in Ghana , nice , especially washed down with a rake of the local lager !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

I note as is the case with all claims of large over size animals the pics are taken so the perspective is skewed to make it seem as big as possible i.e. the animal close to the camera and any background / ref for size well behind it

Quote Originally Posted by FGYT View Post
    I note as is the case with all claims of large over size animals the pics are taken so the perspective is skewed to make it seem as big as possible i.e. the animal close to the camera and any background / ref for size well behind it
    Maybe but there is little doubt that however close to the camera it's held it is still a big blimmin rat !

for reference look at the size of the trap...its a big bloody rat