Thread: How I love this time of year

How I love this time of year

Just a random post but thought you all would appreciate it,

Woke this morning after a night lamping (which was an eye opener) and spring has properly sprung,

Two Hares boxing in the garden with oversight of a curious buzzard from the fence post above them ( probably having a giggle) while at the other side of the house a sika calf pacing the fence (the hind was there last night so think it has been hit by a car close by or seperated) as a proud pheasant sits displaying and calling under the fir trees behind my garage.

An eventful morning after a pretty uneventful night.

Don't rub it in I'm 3 months into my secondment in the US an I'm missing the UK spring really bad. As the stalking season starts in the UK its the end here until the fall so pretty gutted. Also missing the awakening of the wildlife you mentioned. Looks like we will go from bloody cold to hot in a matter of weeks here in northern virginia. I'm going to miss those spring and summer evenings out Roe buck stalking like mad. At this rate I might have to start fishing again.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Don't rub it in I'm 3 months into my secondment in the US an I'm missing the UK spring really bad. As the stalking season starts in the UK its the end here until the fall so pretty gutted. Also missing the awakening of the wildlife you mentioned. Looks like we will go from bloody cold to hot in a matter of weeks here in northern virginia. I'm going to miss those spring and summer evenings out Roe buck stalking like mad. At this rate I might have to start fishing again.
    Sorry mate , I kind of know how you feel , All the years I was off the hill I missed every minute of it. I was thinking about it last week when I was sitting on the hill listening to curlews and meadow pippets and the spring waders such as oyster catchers that come inland to nest , the hill just seems alive with activity compared to the death of winter where all you hear is the odd screech of a Golden Eagle or Buzzard and the nightly hoot of an Owl.

Have to agree it is a great time of year
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

I love it too, I think I'll go out now for a spring evening stalk ....and have a look to see where I will be finding the young bucks next week.