Nightmaster 800 query?

kickthedug

Hi,

I was just wondering, firstly, if any of you have the Nightmaster 800? And if so will it mount onto a Nightforce 8-32x56 scope?
I have heard they are bloody good but because i'm as tight as a ducks a***hole I'm reluctant to spend that much on a light, that im not sure if it will be up to the job. Any info. would be appreciated.

Cheers and hope you have a good start on the bucks!!
Clum

They are good and I have mounted one on my nightforce scope. The basic mount that comes with it isnt very exciting but they do a seperate mounting kit involving picatinny rails that can be made to work.

Im friends with the guy who owns the company. I get to go out with all the new toys and have play. They are really good mounted on top of the rifle. The light when at its tightest is a square ish shape and doesn't really have any glare around it. I would use the red led. I've seen the green, white, blue and the best is red in my eyes.

Hope this is all true as I'm picking mine up tomorrow having already bit the bullet so to speak, £175 for the turbo kit with the extension and extra battery.

i have put mine of a z6i 2.5-15x56. great light. i can see eyes at over 400 meters, at that distance all you can see is the eyes.

Andy7mm

I found this on ebay. It claims to be better than the nightmaster and is a red led.

I bought one but have not used in anger. I have took the dog for a walk in the dark and sent him off across the field. I could see him at the other end of the field approx 300 yards away. It would be good to try it side by side with the Nightmaster 800 to make a direct comparison.

Modified UF T20 SHOOTING LAMP cree xpe RED LED ! ASPHERICAL LENS | eBay

Looks like this seller has relisted the item a few times, but does not seem to have another one listed at the moment.

Hope that may help.

Nightmaster 800 = money well spent, I have heard about and seen most of the alternatives, but never seen any that are as handy or even came near the mark, excellent piece of kit.

I have one for my 243 foxing rifle with nightforce 8-32x56 see foxes at 300+ noprob with red led you wont go back to your old kit
Danny

NM800 IR are very good and so is it's little brother the NM400 IR. But you may want to look at the T20 as well as it's good to keep all your options open. Not much in it between T20 and NM800 though and the FOX FIRE T20-V is only 89 quid which includes mount, charger and battery. End of the day as long as it helps give you a nice clear, smooth and sharper eye piece image then all's good if you are using with night vision scopes. We used the NM800 on the new N750A and had very good results. But if you use it on a Yukon Photon for example then you will probably find that you will have to turn the power down on the NM800 quite a bit to get rid of over exposure. But the NM400 is great with the Photon or even better is the new FOX FIRE T20-V which having a variable power button is very good. You only need one hand (thumb or finger) to change the power on the FOX FIRE T20-V, but with the NM800 and NM400 you will find that you need to use both hands.

Cheers folks new lamp on its way will let you know how i get on, can't wait to get out foxing with a new toy!!
Clum

skaney who does ludicrous lumens is a sound guy and trustworthy i have hes lamps there brilliant pardon the pun,cheap too, atb doug,

As previously posted I bit the bullet and bought one, tonight has been the first chance I've been out to try it and it's already claimed its first victimPhoto0090.jpg

I use one on my 222 and 25-06 mounted via a picatinny rail ring and the fully adjustable mount. With my schmidt and bender having a 34mm tube I had to order the picatinny rail ring from the states through eBay.

Rick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 40
I have one of these on my scope, brilliant, best in red, this needs two batteries and extension tube. Its fitted to the scope using two 25mm Atom Clamps bolted back to back. This is a very solid arrangement although expensive, clamps are about £25 each but make a quick detachable mount.

NM800 IR are very good and so is it's little brother the NM400 IR. But you may want to look at the T20 as well as it's good to keep all your options open. Not much in it between T20 and NM800 though and the FOX FIRE T20-V is only 89 quid which includes mount, charger and battery. End of the day as long as it helps give you a nice clear, smooth and sharper eye piece image then all's good if you are using with night vision scopes. We used the NM800 on the new N750A and had very good results. But if you use it on a Yukon Photon for example then you will probably find that you will have to turn the power down on the NM800 quite a bit to get rid of over exposure. But the NM400 is great with the Photon or even better is the new FOX FIRE T20-V which having a variable power button is very good. You only need one hand (thumb or finger) to change the power on the FOX FIRE T20-V, but with the NM800 and NM400 you will find that you need to use both hands.

Taclight have a rotary variable power tail switch, just gone into production that should resolve the ease of power adjustment. Should be available in the next couple of months.

Back