Thread: snow in scotland

snow in scotland

we have booked three days stalking in killin in perthshire next monday;so we are going to travel up on sunday morning.but after seeing the snow we have here in wales;whats it going to be like to get up to perthshire.

Any views on this. reguards Dave

Hi dave ,me and a few lads are of to just north of inverness on sunday we to are leaving sunny wales.Iv'e just had a pm of tartinjock who imforms me they have a foot and a half of frozen snow [happy days ] but it should mean the deer should be on the low ground.Check out the live road side cameras that are available to veiw theres a link somewhere on thi site.Keep us informed on how you get on
    ATB SEAN

Slow thaw around Inverness and it's likely to continue now. Gona get windy too. There was more snow toward Perthshire yesturday but wind should clear a fair bit.

Bring your white boiler suits just in case!

Re: snow in scotland

Quote Originally Posted by dave kelly
    we have booked three days stalking in killin in perthshire next monday;so we are going to travel up on sunday morning.but after seeing the snow we have here in wales;whats it going to be like to get up to perthshire.

Any views on this. reguards Dave
    Hi Dave,

getting to perthshire in itself probably wont be to much trouble,
    but I had stalking booked for earlier this week in perthshire and
    was unfortunately advised by the estate to cancel due to weather conditions they know best but will try for next season.
    hope your trip works out well

cheers

Orionsarms

Me & a friend are just back from 2 days at Dunkeld stalking fallow Up to my b""s in snow on the high ground the lower ground has only a couple of inches & was thawing quite quickley when we left on Tuesday to hed home.

I live near Loch Lomond & the snow on the low ground is melting fast. This morning quite a sharp frost.

Forgot to mention we ended up with 6 fallow & 1 roe for our 2 days.

hope this helps

John

PS it has just started snowing again on top of the frost lookes like it might be an intresting drive to Stirling this morning.