Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: multiple .22's

multiple .22's

Hey guys I know with my .243 and .270 if I wanted to posses another one of each calibre I would have to ask for a variation however with the .22 I was told I could purchase a .22 bolt action aswell as still keeping my .22 semi without requesting a variation . Is this true? As I know I am not allowed tp shoot certain ground game with a semi auto .

I've slots for 22rf bolt action and semi. It was no.problem at all with gmp.

Novice

No, you will need a variation for an extra rifle of any caliber. Good reason is the main point for your second rifle of the same caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    I've slots for 22rf bolt action and semi. It was no.problem at all with gmp.

Novice
    My slot for my .22 just says .22lr doesnt specify bolt or semi

I have one semi auto and one bolt action with nv scope.no problem with Northumbria

Quote Originally Posted by hogey View Post
    I have one semi auto and one bolt action with nv scope.no problem with Northumbria
    Did you have to geta variation ?

If you want two .22 rifles you will have to have two spaces for such on your certificate so you will have to apply for a variation if you currently only have permission to possess one.

"As I know I am not allowed tp shoot certain ground game with a semi auto" .
    Can you elaborate of this, what ground game are you talking about? Any game that you can shoot with a .22 single shot or bolt action you can shoot with a semi-auto .22.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

What ground game can you not shoot with a semi auto
    Geordie

My FAC just said .22 rifle. Two different RFD s had different ideas if I could get a .22 rimfire or centrefire. I ended up getting a semi auto and had no probe with Sussex. I wanted a bolt action too which I gave reasons for and had to get a variation for and that has specified its got to be a bolt action. If yours just has a slot for a .22lr then I'd think you can buy bolt action or semi auto.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    If you want two .22 rifles you will have to have two spaces for such on your certificate so you will have to apply for a variation if you currently only have permission to possess one.

"As I know I am not allowed tp shoot certain ground game with a semi auto" .
    Can you elaborate of this, what ground game are you talking about? Any game that you can shoot with a .22 single shot or bolt action you can shoot with a semi-auto .22.
    One of my permissions has a lucense to shoot hares in and out of season but It is illegal to shoot hares withe a semi auto