Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BDS DSC1 Andover 11-13 April

BDS DSC1 Andover 11-13 April

Hi just wondering if anyone else out there is booked onto the BDS DSC1 course in Andover coming up it two weeks time I'm busy revising the manual, and trying to pass the online deer idents? I'm averaging about 80 % buts I'm nervous that I won't pull it off on the day ??

Get in touch if you're going ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    Hi just wondering if anyone else out there is booked onto the BDS DSC1 course in Andover coming up it two weeks time I'm busy revising the manual, and trying to pass the online deer idents? I'm averaging about 80 % buts I'm nervous that I won't pull it off on the day ??

Get in touch if you're going ??
    I will be there mate. I crammed a load in during the first week I got the manual and just waiting until nearer the time to revise now.

Good to hear from you Crosshair243,

As I'm such a novice I've been doing a lot of revision, seen a lot on here about doing a lot of prep before attending. Look forward to meeting in person, I'm hoping that the shooting test isn't to hard for a novice, I've only ever fired air rifles and shotguns??

Andover is just up the road from me, I haven't heard anything about a DSC course.
    Where is that being held, any idea of the instructors or what range they will be using ?

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Andover is just up the road from me, I haven't heard anything about a DSC course.
    Where is that being held, any idea of the instructors or what range they will be using ?
    Id imagine it's with Chris Howard over at Longparish? They do the shooting test on the estate there.

regards

WH

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Id imagine it's with Chris Howard over at Longparish? They do the shooting test on the estate there.regardsWH
    Ah Yes, when they ran the courses in Amesbury and used the MOD ranges at Bulford I was called upon to act as RCO so was just wondering but this was before Chris was involved.

Chris and David are doing a great job, I wasn't expecting the course to be as quite as intense as it is, tricky bit today Shooting!!!!!! if anyone is going on future DSC1s with Chris Howard in Longparish and wants a heads up of what to expect then just pm and I'll give you a little insight, most important thing is to book early and get hold of the training manual asap to start some prior reading - it is obvious on the course who hasn't done their homework......get swatting and good luck
    Last edited by Bladerunner; 13-04-2014 at 07:14. Reason: I missed a word out as I'm really tired from all my DSC revision

All done, managed to pass thankfully, great to have the experience and knowledge of Chris, David and George during my shooting test having never handled a rifle before I was a bit nervous but with a bit of coaching I soon got the hang of it. I did get ripped for wearing a london irish top though . Thanks to BDS for arranging and providing such a well put together course....

Nicely done Bladerunner Just out of interest were you told that you'd passed any of the elements (shooting one is obvious so discount that one) or are you confident with your answers?