Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Knife Recommendation

Good Knife Recommendation

Hello

Could do with some help on a good knife recommendation? Mainly to take stalking — so used for gralloching and associated tasks.

Thanks,

Mark

How much you looking to spend ? You can get a knife that will do what you want for £15 or £1500 ?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

a frost mora will do all you need, saying that my favourite is an enzo trapper

Mark,

From experience of the same question, 10 people will give you 11 answers on this!

I followed advice and went 2 ways - I bought a Helle Eggen as a 'nice/best' knife, although if you want longer, the Jegersmeister is another popular choice, its a great looking knife, bloody sharp and I love it.

I also bought a Mora Companion as a cheap spare. Its bright orange so great when its getting dark, I was so impressed with it for £12 that I bought one for my old man too and a slightly smaller Mora Punch that I intend to use for rabbits as its small enough to put finger over point when unzipping, for the price they are as good as the posh ones.

I also bought a strop and whilst I thought i was ok at sharpening knives this has changed the way I use them and how sharp I keep them, combined with a Lanksey box sharpener all my knives are shaving sharp.

I am sure there'll be many on here shortly telling you the best £200 work of art is where to go I am more than happy to fully recommend either of the above.

Karl

Guys

Thank you very much for the recommendations! I didn't really want to spend any more than £30 - £40 at the moment so you've given me some good options.

Karl - really good advice; I will look into the sharpening options!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    Guys

Thank you very much for the recommendations! I didn't really want to spend any more than £30 - £40 at the moment so you've given me some good options.

Karl - really good advice; I will look into the sharpening options!

Mark

You could do much worse than the one still available here:

For Sale: Two good quality knives

Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    Hello

Could do with some help on a good knife recommendation? Mainly to take stalking — so used for gralloching and associated tasks.

Thanks,

Mark
    Hultaforce Craftman knife £3.95 or even less here.
    Or really splash out and pay £4.62 here.
    These knives do the job and no tears if you loose one in the dark in long grass.
    However, please feel free to pay £100+ , or a lot more, for a 'custom' knives if you are so inclined.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    You could do much worse than the one still available here:

For Sale: Two good quality knives

Aww man Digger shhhh ! Been keeping an eye on that

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Hultaforce Craftman knife £3.95 or even less here.
    Or really splash out and pay £4.62 here.
    These knives do the job and no tears if you loose one in the dark in long grass.
    However, please feel free to pay £100+ , or a lot more, for a 'custom' knives if you are so inclined.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Aww man Digger shhhh ! Been keeping an eye on that

Whoops!

A didnae ken man......
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.