Aftermarket trigger for a sako 75?

Monkey Spanker

One of my Sako 75's has a cracking trigger which breaks lovely at a very light weight. My other one doesn't! I've adjusted it down to the minimum, but it still feels quite heavy and has a slight creep. Can it be tweaked further or is there a better aftermarket option. I have no idea if my better one has the original trigger either!
Cheers,
MS

I have a sako 75 s/s and that breaks light and clean too don't know of any aftermarket although Sako normally offer a single set trigger as an option when buying new.

You could try Devon Custom Rifles, I believe that they are in the process of producing a new range of triggers. Bix'n Andy do one, but it is even more expensive than a Jewell. Jard? In my experience , forget it.

You could try talking to Dasherman - McKillop Rifles or Baldie - Valkyrie Rifles, I think they do replacement springs. Neil did my Sako 75 a few years ago, and improved it no end.

ATB

Peter

Roedale sell a bix N andy complete trigger never tried one or seen one to hold but i think it replaces the whole assembly there not cheap about £500 so i would hope they are a fantastic product

i would like to try one to see what they feel like but close to £500 is a lot for a feel and a lot if your not happy with it

other than that i know a few people have changed springs but i think thats your lot

:)

Roedale sell a bix N andy complete trigger never tried one or seen one to hold but i think it replaces the whole assembly there not cheap about £500 so i would hope they are a fantastic product

i would like to try one to see what they feel like but close to £500 is a lot for a feel and a lot if your not happy with it

other than that i know a few people have changed springs but i think thats your lot

:)

:eek: £500! I could almost replace the rifle for that! Is it made of gold and platinum or something?!
Thanks - but that will not be an avenue I'll be exploring!
MS:)

One of my 75s developed a wee creep, which I cured by removing the stock and flushing the trigger mechanism through with a bit of lighter fluid. It seems that greasy gunk had accumulated there, spoiling the overall effect.
If you've not done it already, it might be worth a go. But not by candlelight.

Baldie sells the trigger springs for £5, i have one in my sako that ii was gifted, not sure if its any better than before as there was nothing wrong with it but you dont get a freebie from Yorkshire often so i swapped it anyway.

Mike Norris fettled the trigger on my old 75 and it made the world of difference for a 10 min job!

spring out of a biro

hint hint

trim to length i have a nice 8 oz trigger for range work donew this way and its regulated as well

although ythis weight is noit suitable for field shooting

Some interesting replies, many thanks. As I suspected though - no real aftermarket alternatives which I suppose is testament to the quality of the original Sako trigger. I'm guessing that my old one (and it is quite old!) might just need a little TLC. I'll strip and polish the sear for starters and see how that goes.
Cheers,
MS

One of my Sako 75's has a cracking trigger which breaks lovely at a very light weight. My other one doesn't! I've adjusted it down to the minimum, but it still feels quite heavy and has a slight creep. Can it be tweaked further or is there a better aftermarket option. I have no idea if my better one has the original trigger either!
Cheers,
MS

Strip it and clean it

Remove the adjustment screw, spring and actuator rod - there will be dirt in there.

Use a carb cleaner

Blast the dirt out

Re assemble and adjust trigger to safe pull

It will transform the trigger.

Last edited:
Back