Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sikamalc's Muntjac weekend with good friends.

Sikamalc's Muntjac weekend with good friends.

This weekend I planned to take three good mates on a jolly on a new area I picked up last year to take out some Muntjac. Although its not a particularly large area (approx. 300 acres) it borders several areas of woodland that are bulging with Munties.

The weather was kind to us with little wind and warm temperatures, it turned out to be one hell of a weekend. Over 4 outings, beginning on Friday evening, until Sunday morning we took 9 Munties, with some very good representative bucks, and one real old warrior that has very thick bases and will hopefully make a Bronze medal, possibly silver? we will wait and see.

Thanks to Darren, Tom and Andy for their help throughout the season, and with me and in Scotland. Great weekend lads, and look forward to the next time

ATB

Malc
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1963.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	39951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1969.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	401.0 KB 
ID:	39952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1973.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	535.4 KB 
ID:	39953
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    This weekend I planned to take three good mates on a jolly on a new area I picked up last year to take out some Muntjac. Although its not a particularly large area (approx. 300 acres) it borders several areas of woodland that are bulging with Munties.

The weather was kind to us with little wind and warm temperatures, it turned out to be one hell of a weekend. Over 4 outings, beginning on Friday evening, until Sunday morning we took 9 Munties, with some very good representative bucks, and one real old warrior that has very thick bases and will hopefully make a Bronze medal, possibly silver? we will wait and see.

Thanks to Darren, Tom and Andy for their help throughout the season, and with me and in Scotland. Great weekend lads, and look forward to the next time

ATB

Malc
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1963.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	39951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1969.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	401.0 KB 
ID:	39952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1973.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	535.4 KB 
ID:	39953
    It's looks like you all had one hell of a good weekend well done to all thanks to malc for letting us see the pic
    Djc
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

Im totaly knackered but what a weekend, I have never seen so many slots from muntjac what a place. Thanks for the invite and will catch up with you soon.

well done lads , looks a great bag

Forgive my ignorance, but do munties go through their coat change earlier than roe? Those boys seem to be well on with it, unless it's due to their lifestyle and from pushing though thick cover? Certainly looks like their head and shoulders are well into summer coat.

Novice

Nice one Malc! Looks like you guys had a cracker!

Well done guys, great result!

Alex

Well done lads..

What a result.. I told the cake story again this weekend Andy, never forget that lol

Happy days
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

This is the one I shot this morning, and we have already had the back straps for dinner and it was very good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140330_070135.jpg