Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where in surrey to zero .243

where in surrey to zero .243

Hi,

Ive just received my FAC with .17hmr .22lr and .243 and would like to get my new SAKO a7 in .243 zeroed in. Is there a shooting club around surrey/sussex where i could go to do this?

Thanks
    Sam

Well, I suppose you could try Bisley I think you need to be a NRA member to book a range though.
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

Will my BASC membership allow me to do this do you know?
    Also do you think it is worthwhile to join the NRA?

thanks

BSRC (British Sporting Rifle Club) at Bisley is worth considering as is the Aldershot Rifle & Pistol Club (at Badshot Lea) - both have good facilities - see online.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by s8mdevo View Post

thanks
    Join the NRA, get yourself a Safe Shooter Card (or Safety & Competence Card, I forget) and you can book a lane on the range anytime you want.

NRA membership is about £70 pa and a lane is £24-36 per 1/2 day (low/high season). Add £31.50 per 1/2 day if you want someone to mark the target in the butts - makes a LOT of sense when you get beyond 200yds and can't see the holes!!!

Then just add travel, ammo and a sandwich for a day spent getting to know your rifle/scope/ammo combi, giving you piece of mind when that Platinum Roe buck appears at 200yds
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks Ian i will have a look tonight

Good advice I Farticus. You can also buy a zero target for the 25m zero range (used to be £1.50) if you have just put a scope on your rifle and are concerned about where your first shot may go.

I think the BSRC membership cost is quite a bit higher than the NRA (a good club though), I shoot there with other clubs that book their range.
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

Quote Originally Posted by Webley Boy View Post
    Good advice I Farticus. You can also buy a zero target for the 25m zero range (used to be £1.50) if you have just put a scope on your rifle and are concerned about where your first shot may go.

I think the BSRC membership cost is quite a bit higher than the NRA (a good club though), I shoot there with other clubs that book their range.
    Ta. BSRC is £80 pa. Can't remember if there is a hike for first year costs though... You need a Proposer and a Seconder as well
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by s8mdevo View Post

thanks
    I have booked a target via BASC,you will need a SSC (safe shooters card) I have also joined the NRA, although that was for reasons other than booking targets. what is generally forgotten is that the NRA have a standard route to a SSC , unless you can prove prior experience, they will insist on you taking a probationary course, this will cost money!
    I have said it before and as far as I know noone has taken a look,however here goes again, the BBS NRPC meets once a month at Bisley, most of the members are stalkers/foxers etc we almost always have a morning on Short Siberia at 100 yrds which is ideally suited to zeroing. PM myself or Mildot, or Guesty for details. the club is run as a no-profit club for the benefit of the members,so I hope I am not breaking any rules here
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Thanks for the info I.farticus, i have looked on the NRA website but cant seem to find anything on the safe shooter card. Do you know what route i need to take to obtain one?