Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 left handed stocks

Tikka T3 left handed stocks

Help and advice wanted....

OK so I am planning on buying a Tikka T3 and would like the Hunter Wood/Stainless (screwcut) however GMK do not import this in left handed.
    I think I will need to buy the synthetic/stainless option and then look for a replacement stock. (I don't like the idea of the non free floating synthetic stock)

Ideally I would like a wooden stock but have not ruled out laminated or synthetic. This is a stalking rifle so weight and style is a consideration.
    So what have other people done? what is available?
    Is there anyone out there with a wooden stock that would be interested in swapping it for a synthetic one?

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by 2teal View Post
    Help and advice wanted....

OK so I am planning on buying a Tikka T3 and would like the Hunter Wood/Stainless (screwcut) however GMK do not import this in left handed.
    I think I will need to buy the synthetic/stainless option and then look for a replacement stock. (I don't like the idea of the non free floating synthetic stock)

Ideally I would like a wooden stock but have not ruled out laminated or synthetic. This is a stalking rifle so weight and style is a consideration.
    So what have other people done? what is available?
    Is there anyone out there with a wooden stock that would be interested in swapping it for a synthetic one?

Anthony
    I am purchasing a Tikka Hunter in left hand from a friend. I know the history of the rifle . When it was 8 months old the stock split and was replaced under warranty. It has never been out the cabinet since. I may consider swapping for a synthetic stock. The rifle is in 243

SD Regular
    I can thoroughly recommend a GRS stock as an aftermarket fit.

If it's a look you're after, why not buy the wood/blue and Cerakote the barrel to a colour of your choice.

I did both these things to a Tikka 595 Wood/Blue. ........just wondering whether a T3 would fit in a 595 stock........but you've not declared calibre, so really can't say........
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    I am purchasing a Tikka Hunter in left hand from a friend. I know the history of the rifle . When it was 8 months old the stock split and was replaced under warranty. It has never been out the cabinet since. I may consider swapping for a synthetic stock. The rifle is in 243
    Hi Nelson
    The rifle I am getting will be in 243 so I am certainly interested in a swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I can thoroughly recommend a GRS stock as an aftermarket fit.

If it's a look you're after, why not buy the wood/blue and Cerakote the barrel to a colour of your choice.

I did both these things to a Tikka 595 Wood/Blue. ........just wondering whether a T3 would fit in a 595 stock........but you've not declared calibre, so really can't say........
    Thanks Eric the Red
    Those GRS stocks look nice but not the sort of thing I am after.
    I do want the ease of care a Stainless barrel/action offers but don't want to spend a fortune on a working rifle.
    Calibre is 243, are the actions on T3's and 595's the same?

Hi Nelson
    The rifle I am getting will be in 243 so I am certainly interested in a swap.
    I'll keep in touch. Picking up the rifle on Thursday

SD Regular
    Thanks Eric the Red
    Those GRS stocks look nice but not the sort of thing I am after.
    I do want the ease of care a Stainless barrel/action offers but don't want to spend a fortune on a working rifle.
    Calibre is 243, are the actions on T3's and 595's the same?
    Cerakote definitely your friend on a working rifle!

Not sure on the action differences for stocking purposes - I'll try and look at a friends.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

It's most frustrating that lefty's can't get Boyds stocks, they look the best deal.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    It's most frustrating that lefty's can't get Boyds stocks, they look the best deal.
    What like this: Boyds: CLASSIC TIKKA T3 DETACHABLE BOX MAG LEFT HAND STOCK LEFT HAND ACTION FACTORY BARREL CHANNEL FOREST CAMO FINISHED Left Hand Stocks ?