Thread: New Russian sniper rifle scope: Flashclick 10-40x56 (?)

New Russian sniper rifle scope: Flashclick 10-40x56 (?)

A friend has obtained a Flashclick Russian sniper rifle scope. I gather it is a new product and the only one to come out of Russia so far. It is a 10-40 x 56 illuminated scope with Schmidt & Bender lenses and screw in end caps. Apparently it cost over 1000 new - he wants to sell it for 500.
    The scope has lots of features and a very complex reticule - not really your typical stalking scope.
    I Googled 'Flashclick' in relation to 'rifles' and 'scopes' and 'Russian', but no luck.
    What raises my suspicion is that 'Flashclick' doesn't sound very Russian to me

I wonder if he's been had and got some kind of cheap nasty Chinese imitation - or maybe I have just made some Russian military secret public, in which case I can look forward to a visit from a few unkind and angry men who want to spike my leg with an umbrella.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

i would turn it down it may be the best scope in the world but if it goes wrong you have no way of getting it sorted if its a more target orientated scope your looking for you can get a vortex, second hand nightforce or leupold for not much more with a better customer service and tried and tested design

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    [COLOR=#1F497D][FONT=&quot]in which case I can look forward to a visit from a few unkind and angry men who want to spike my leg with an umbrella.
    I'm sure someone will be along with a clarifying antidote after midnight.

K

Amazon.com: Sightmark Triple Duty 10-40x56 DX Riflescope: Sports Outdoors.

The russian optics are based on Zeiss manufacturing not Schmidt and Bender because they captured the zeiss works during the war and copied their products. Either your friend has a vivid imagination or he has had his leg well and truly lifted.

Can you not just pop into the Doughnut on the edge of town? They've got a special kind of military Google in there and they'll be able to tell you all about it...they might not let you out afterwards though. Don't forget to put tin foil under your hat if you do pop in, it stops them reading your thoughts

10 offered just to have a look at it, the name does not sound right

This complex reticule, does it look like an upside down Christmas tree and illuminates in red/green and possibly blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    in which case I can look forward to a visit from a few unkind and angry men who want to spike my leg with an umbrella.
    Oh Erik, that is just so last century! Don't you know that now they smack you up with some Polonium mints?

A bit of odourless, colourless liquid in your tea and boris is your uncle,
    DONT START