Thread: Mike Norris

Regular Poster

Mike Norris

Hello there my fellow stalkers.
    I need a bit of help, I would like to get in touch with an old friend of mine, namely Mike Norris, if someone could give me his phone No i would be very grateful.

Barry

if you mean mike norris of brock and norris his work number is 01952 670198

Regular Poster

Mike Norris

Thanks Jordang.

I will give him a call and see if it is my Mike, he used to help on the dmq 1 courses we ran at Holywell in Hampshire with Mike Alison.

He is also a bloody good rifle smith.

Barry

Us two were in his w/shop yesterday, we spent about 4+ hours with him, I even found some 7mm WSM brass there! My pals news was not good, .223 going to be laid to rest! & I can confirm on looking at his metal finishing skills, he is certainly a riflesmith of the highest order.

never ever think you can just pop in to see mike, I dont think ive spent less than 2 hours in there. It an aladins cave of shooting stuff.

Mike refinished a rifle for me just before xmas. An outstanding job and as said you might pop in but you wont be poping out anytime soon. I spent so long catching up and chatting i missed the kids tea both times....result.

Likewise - I think Vizlamad and I were there for about 5 hours on the last visit. He was in fine form and we were treated to the full 'the world according to Mike' treatment.

Any visit to The Buttery needs plenty of time (and phone-calls only slightly less!). I think the fact that Mike appears to live on a diet of Red Bull and cake contributes to his talkative nature...