Thread: fully stocked rifle

fully stocked rifle

have always liked the look of a full stocked rifle
    was wondering if anyone has experience of any models available in .22 or .17hmr as i am considering one for bunny bashing.
    was looking about a cz .17 today but was told that Edgar bros don't supply them
    what other makes /models are about?

SD Regular
    I've seen nice full stocked 22Lr rifles in the past. I think that one of the continentals did them?

Mannlicher Zepher I think the model was. Mauser might have done and I think Walther also did one.

I fear the EB have really gone to the dogs hopefully someone will step into the breech and take a lot of their agencies on.

As for the CZ it should be possible for an RFD to get one from Frankonia in Germany.

I think that there was a fully-stocked .22LR (perhaps a Mauser?) at Minsterley Ranges last time I was there.

Might be worth giving them a ring.

SD Regular
    Mannlicher Zephyr. That's was it! A friend had one and, if you liked that stocking style, it was very good. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares
    Mannlicher Zephyr. That's was it! A friend had one and, if you liked that stocking style, it was very good. Thanks for jogging my memory.
    No problem, my stalking mentor had one. He has an Anshutz as some one broke into his pick up and stole the magazine for the Zerhyr.

I have a CZ452 FS in 22lr with a lovely tiger striped stock and love it, its very accurate and handles beautifully. Only down side is you can't moderate it but having said that it doesn't appear to spook rabbits any more than a moderated one. The Sportsmans Gun Centre list them.

Quote Originally Posted by spanner View Post
    Only down side is you can't moderate it
    Yes you can, but it means a recessed crown and a thread tapped down the end, then just use a female to female adaptor.
    The advantage of doing it that way is once the moderator is removed there is no visible thread on show.

Neil.