Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Europe in or OUT

Europe in or OUT

I say we should get out of Europe, I am pi&&ed off with this country being told what to do and when to do it.
    also we should look after our own sort first instead of bending over backwards to help everyone else.

Out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out

In, but only under the right conditions for the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    In, but only under the right conditions for the UK
    Yes but we don't get a say on the conditions ....bit like a firearms cert really

Quote Originally Posted by Stingercargill View Post
    Out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out

Personally, In for trade and out for everything else?

There is another aspect of the EU that is far more important than economics, petty rules, CAP etc.
    For all of known history the major western nations of Western Europe have a dreadful record of fighting each other in wars that increased in severity as time went by.
    Millions of our citizens have lost their lives or been maimed as a result of these wars. My grandfather fought in WW1 and my father in WW2 and I am no pacifist.
    My generation and my children's have lived in peace in western Europe and war with France, Germany, Italy etc. is unthinkable.
    For better or worse (and there is much to criticise) the EU has bound us together in a way unknown in the histories of our nations.
    Try to get a better deal and reclaim some of our powers, control immigration better etc. etc. but stay in the EU. It is worth the candle.