Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Moderator

New Moderator

Hi, Looking for a new moderator for my 243 and just wondering if any of you guys got any experience of Hardy gen 4, Sonic 35 or 45.

Had a look today at both the Sonics today and they seemed well made but dont know of anyone who has one, I have had a T8 on my rifle for about 8 years now and its about shot out and fancied something different but still want the performance of the T8, any ideas guys?

i have a hardy gen 4 and like it but am going to go back to jet z compact next year i reckon the jet z is the benchmark for all moderators

Just picked up a AimZonic Plus cyclone mod from Alan Rhone, interested to see how it performs on my 6.5. I'm use to a jet Z so it's got a lot to live unto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Just picked up a AimZonic Plus cyclone mod from Alan Rhone, interested to see how it performs on my 6.5. I'm use to a jet Z so it's got a lot to live unto.
    Please let us know how you get on Jason.

I had the same problem. Ended up with the atec maxim with 3 extra baffles on. Great piece of kit.

Hardy is no where near as quiet as t8 still the best for noise in my opion
    Atb TomTom

I'm sure it's all down to personal preference and what you'll use it for. Recently bought a Hardy Gen IV for stalking (so lot's of carrying and a few shots) and delighted with it. May well have a different view if I did much range shooting though
    Life is short. Do stuff.

I've got an AimZonic Cyclone Plus on my Sako .270 and love it, only issue is after 10 shots you have to give it 10 mins to cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_herts View Post
    I've got an AimZonic Cyclone Plus on my Sako .270 and love it, only issue is after 10 shots you have to give it 10 mins to cool down.
    I expect that's a good deal quicker than the rifle will cool down!

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley View Post
    Hardy is no where near as quiet as t8 still the best for noise in my opion
    Atb TomTom

yes right about that side of the T8 But what about the '' TWO ton Tess from TEDDINTON BIT