Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Forward planning - Stalking & Kelso trip next year advice sought

  1. #1

    Forward planning - Stalking & Kelso trip next year advice sought

    I know this years show at Kelso has only just been and gone, but as it's so far for me to travel I am planning to make it part of a long weekend break next year with the enemy and maybe kids in tow.

    So, is there anyone who does guided paid for stalking around the Kelso area on here that won't break the bank for a cull animal?
    Is there much to see and do in the area apart from the show?
    Any decent priced hotels with leisure facilities the enemy could use while I'm out?
    Is it easy to get from Berwick Upon Tweed to Kelso as that's the best place for us to get a train to?
    Long shot this one but have the dates been set for 2015? We have to get our hols from work booked early and the earlier trains are booked the cheaper it is too,

    Cheers

    Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  2. #2
    I know of some ground only 15mins from kelso that has some excellent roe stalking at very reasonable rates.
    The ground adjoins mine so I can vouch for the head of roe and the quality.
    Pm for further details Stratters
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

  3. #3
    Hi Stratts,

    If show is held at same time of year remember it will be very pregnant does or followers you will be culling. Apart from that Limulus is a good guy to deal with and should be able to point you in the right direction. I suppose you could visit the show first then go stalking the next week and put the goodies (Limulus's quad sticks are recommended) you purchased to the test on the first week buck shooting.

    Willie
    Last edited by Willie; 03-04-2014 at 22:32.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    I know this years show at Kelso has only just been and gone, but as it's so far for me to travel I am planning to make it part of a long weekend break next year with the enemy and maybe kids in tow.

    So, is there anyone who does guided paid for stalking around the Kelso area on here that won't break the bank for a cull animal?
    Is there much to see and do in the area apart from the show?
    Any decent priced hotels with leisure facilities the enemy could use while I'm out?
    Is it easy to get from Berwick Upon Tweed to Kelso as that's the best place for us to get a train to?
    Long shot this one but have the dates been set for 2015? We have to get our hols from work booked early and the earlier trains are booked the cheaper it is too,

    Cheers

    Stratts
    no need, you hereby have an open invite for stalking on my ground(s), which lie 10-15 miles north and south of kelso. you're a good guy and have contributed very positively to the forum and in turn, to the sport, it's the least I can offer. No obligations if you prefer to book elsewhere of course.

    atb

    PKL

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    no need, you hereby have an open invite for stalking on my ground(s), which lie 10-15 miles north and south of kelso. you're a good guy and have contributed very positively to the forum and in turn, to the sport, it's the least I can offer. No obligations if you prefer to book elsewhere of course.

    atb



    PKL
    What a top offer PKL you are a credit to the site Sir
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

  6. #6
    I can offer you a night out with the lamp?

    pm for more info if your interested?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    What a top offer PKL you are a credit to the site Sir
    + 2 Regards pete

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    no need, you hereby have an open invite for stalking on my ground(s), which lie 10-15 miles north and south of kelso. you're a good guy and have contributed very positively to the forum and in turn, to the sport, it's the least I can offer. No obligations if you prefer to book elsewhere of course.

    atb

    PKL
    Aw shucks you're making me blush!! Thanks very much for the offer mate I'll PM you once I sit down and get planning in earnest!

    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5x55 View Post
    I can offer you a night out with the lamp?

    pm for more info if your interested?
    Likewise bud thanks very much for the offer!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  9. #9
    Train to BOT is OK if you book in advance but flying could be cheaper. I may be able to put you in contact with a source of nice estate cottages if you were thinking of staying for a while. Floors castle is worth a visit, and for kids swimming pools at BOT and Eyemouth are great. Good sea trout fishing on the Till on Ford and Etal estate the Till was fishing v well last weekend, and looked in fine fettle when i walked down some of the well known beats on the Sunday.

    PM me if you want some more info.

    D

Similar Threads

  1. Scotland trip advice not stalking related
    By The Singing Stalker in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 29-07-2013, 09:59
  2. Available Now updated with photo's - Planning a hunting trip to South Africa
    By bobbroom in forum Big Game Hunting Opportunities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-09-2012, 18:36
  3. Available Planning a hunting trip to South Africa?
    By bobbroom in forum Big Game Hunting Opportunities
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 09:35
  4. Planning a hunting trip to South Africa?
    By bobbroom in forum Big Game Hunting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 19:35
  5. Planning a trip to Africa. Looking for advice.
    By Jollypoacher in forum Big Game Hunting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 11:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •