Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Syndicate - what is good value

Syndicate - what is good value

Hi,
    I have never been part of a syndicate but will need to consider it if I am to expand my stalking. What represents good value and what to be wary of, can somebody offer me some advice?

Start with the important questions:

how many deer/how many stalkers/how much?

For your 'even share' expect to pay between £100 - £300 per deer depending on area, species present and location. Good value involves a lot of competition unless you're lucky and have been invited in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    Start with the important questions:

how many deer/how many stalkers/how much?

For your 'even share' expect to pay between £100 - £300 per deer depending on area, species present and location. Good value involves a lot of competition unless you're lucky and have been invited in.
    £100-£300 per deer holy smoke are they gold plated

I am over 500 a year !!!

they would be pretty if they were,

guided prices on roe does for a day if you're lucky enough to connect will be a lot more than £100 per day to take home with most providers. On syndicates though you're also getting the opportunity to stalk when you want and as many times as you are able. That's actually a pretty good deal to be fair.

I pay a set amount, and anything that I shoot comes home with me... Up to me when I stalk, so if I go out once in the year and don't get anything it's been a bl**dy expensive year, but if I shoot 5 deer over the year, then it's pretty good value.

All that said, for me it's not so much the cost, or even the return on that cost, it's about having land that I can stalk on pretty much when I want to. I get to know the land, when and where the deer tend to appear. I know back stops, crop cycles, wind directions and where the sun rises/sets. All this adds up and means that I get onto the land before dawn with some semblance of a plan rather than only being able to stalk in an afternoon so that I can physically see everything to make snap judgements.

Do your research on any syndicate and you'll find those that others have been bitten by! There's one in Yorkshire that regularly gets mentioned on here, so ask the right questions and you'll get the feedback you need.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

What Farticus and Paul said - the opportunity to stalk pretty much at will on land where reasonable numbers of deer are present is valuable and increasingly hard to come by, particularly in parts of Englandshire.

Forestry commission ground expect to pay £100 per cull figure roe divided by the number of stalkers allowed on the lease.
    Private ground can be cheaper and often hold more deer.
    If there are red or sika on the ground expect to pay £2-300 per cull animal.
    There's plenty of ground near you that you can stalk for £50-60 a stalk and pay about £30 for the carcass. This is often the best way to start out but does restrict you to going when it suits both parties rather than just being able to get out when you want.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Waw didn't think it was that expensive , I better start buying the farmers on which land I shoot on a better bottle of whisky

That's based on borders. The further up you go the cheaper it gets. It seems to be related to border prices divided by the number of miles north of a line between Glasgow and Edinburgh. So £600 in the Borders could well be £3 by the time you reach Inverness!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks