Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Educational Resources Needed - Ammunition/Ballistics

Educational Resources Needed - Ammunition/Ballistics

*Apols I've posted this in Ammunition, reloading & Ballistics too*

Hi Folks
    Does anyone know where I would be able to find some useful resources which could be used as a teaching aid.
    I teach the safe use of firearms and topics relating i.e. how they function/ammunition/ballististics etc to 17+ year olds and would like to get my mitts on some cross sections of cartridges and bullets.
    There are lots of good quality you tube clips and animations which are useful but I'd like to have some posters etc up in the classroom.

I remember years and years ago at my local Clay Ground the cafe walls were adorned with Eley (i think) poster sized, plastic cross section displays of inside a shotgun cartridge (guess they were sent out with reps for advertising).

Something like these would be perfect for shotgun cartridges and rifle ammunition, any clues where I could get some from?
    Equally if anyone has come across anything else that might be interesting I'm all ears!

Many Thanks in advance!
    L.L.C

SD Regular
    the website www.riflesintheuk.com has some great information on it as a starter for ten
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Have you tried contacting any of the big brands/distributers and asking if they could supply anything like the Eley ones you describe? They might be keen to help if they think it will raise their profile with the next generation of customers.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Yes, I've seen these by a photographic artist, they're very clear and clever images but aparently the 'artist' deliberately didn't want to show the details of the bullets as she wanted the 'architecture' of the bullets to be the main interest!

Yep SimpleSimon, I have flung out some emails this week so hopefully they will respond over the next few weeks. As you say it would be a marketing opportunity for them!

Yes these are/were apparently on display at the Smithsonian Institute.
    There are detailed descriptions available for each image if you want?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Yes these are/were apparently on display at the Smithsonian Institute.
    There are detailed descriptions available for each image if you want?
    Oh really - didn't see any descriptions when I saw them on the internet - i'll do a bit of internet trawling, thanks limulus.

Hi LLC,
    i am curious as to where, under what criteria and for whom you teach the safe use and handling of firearms to 17+year olds.
    I would have thought if you are involved in the field of firearms training, teaching aids that you require would be readily available to you.

Ian.

Cartridges of the world.... scan & enlarge?

Wiki ... scan & enlarge?

Or the perfect resource from my bookmarks .. page8d
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!