Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New stock

New stock

Hi all I am looking for a custom thumbhole walnut
    stock for my stalking rifle it's a custom Howa 260
    can any one recommend fusion stock works?

The problem with trying to get a recommendation is that Fusion are a new company with only one or two customers so far (These customers have been helping them develope the product. They have spent about 2 years and a lot of money ensuring that the machinery, software and designs are correct as they wanted to ensure that when they launched the product would be correctly engineered to be the best that you could possibly get.

I have had quite a few conversations with them regarding stocks. There is an awful lot of interesting information when you look into it, or perhaps it interests the little bit of nerd in me.
    one of the interesting things for me was regarding getting the rifle fitted to suit me and my style of shooting. I like that specially as I have long arms and my shottie has a 16.1/4 inch stock to suit me so you can imagine a lot of rifles feel too short for me.

You will be hearing a lot more from them in the very near future.

That probably doesn't help you a lot though.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Oh and why walnut specifically?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I've had work done by them , spot on

Hi,

A very interesting thread.

Does Main have in development software for transferring a 'prescription' from a stock fitting to the manufacturing?

Cheers, K

Are you asking if he had your stock would he be able to make another one just like in in different material? If that is the case then yes. If not then I am not sure I understand the question..

Hi
    I was thinking about if Fusion Stockworks was given a prescription from a skilled fitter like Alan Rose did for me at the WLSS as per the attached, could its software be programmed with the 'coordinates' to cut the timber accordingly? Cheers, KClick image for larger version. 

Name:	WLSS Rifle Fitting 2011-page-001 (1).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	40355

alternativly have a look at Don Robinson master stocker his stuff looks nice

Hi gr1ffer,

Funny you should mention Don Robinson, Masterstocker because I actually chose to take my 'prescription' to him and he did an excellent job to my Tikka .308 at a reasonable price by hand. But, it is interesting to learn about modern techniques being applied. Cheers, K

i would be grateful if you can put a pic of that tikka up just latley ive been really thinking of moving away from composites to something more traditional and appealing to the eye but keeping the stability of composites. Getting a grs for one rifle and not sure on the other yet but the master stocker looks good