what do you use to carry the deer manually

swarovski

Photos please, I use something I thought of, just wondering what others use, will post a photo of mine when ive seen what others use, swaro

A piece of sash cord to tie the front legs to the back legs, handbag style over one shoulder

Al

tryed a roe sack but to be honest it didnt sit high enough on my shoulders and i found my self taking a bit of rope and tying the straps together across my chest but that still wasnt quite right so now i just use a peice of rope tied together and used just like you would brace pheasants together but obviously the front and back legs of the deer together and sling that over my shoulders like a womans handbag and if the rope cuts in i take off my flat cap and use that as a shoulder pad its not ideal but it gets the job done. Ive seen aluminium frames aswell which fit on your back like a rucksack and they look very good but i dont know where you could get one or at what price?

Monarch roesack. The slight inconvenience of carrying it round is soon forgotten when you've a beast on the deck.

Novice

I used my cap peak at times to stop the rope cutting in especially if I was carrying 2, several years ago I carried 3 roe at the same time with my binos and a heavy barreled rifle about a mile up across wet ploughed fields,when I weighed in the doe's the next day they were 125lbs, to say it was a struggle is an understatement :doh:

I haven't got a photo. But I carry them the same as shown on here with the kiwi guys like a rucksack. Carried quite a few fallow that way keeps your hands free and the legs make a handy place to lay the rifle. Also carried a couple of red hinds off the hill in Scotland one at 128lb. Cheers Matt

google kelty cache hauler, a mate uses one for sika, great job I think it cost about £100 from america

I've never actually used this so I'm prepared for constructive criticism. It is based on a mate's drag rope design, but whilst I was knocking it up I wondered if it would be possible to incorporate a carry sling for smaller species.

It's a couple of pieces of 1/2" beer line, some rucksack strap webbing and some paracord. Two shoulder loops for a single man drag or two handles for a two man drag. Or, the option of using it as a shoulder strap for a smaller deer. As I said, it's not been tried out in anger but it kept me amused making it when I was stuck in my office dreaming about being out stalking.

Drag 3.jpgDrag 2.jpgDrag 1.jpg

go to the scrap yard and get an old seat belt,you can use it as a drag for bigger deer ,or over the shoulder for carrying smaller deer.doesnt dig in like rope and can be rolled up and carried in your pocket.

[ATThope this pic is ok I use a leather strap with cord at four corners. martinACH=CONFIG]40226[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 2012-03-21 10.41.52.jpg
    2012-03-21 10.41.52.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 52
with Muntjack and probably CWD or small Roe, put a knife through the hocks of the back legs and thread the front legs through the holes, grab hold of the front feet and Handbag! :D

Back