Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arthritis pain

Arthritis pain

After a very care-free youth and middle age involving a couple of bike accidents and a few second places with poachers I am now starting to suffer with aches and pains particularly in my hands.
    I've often wondered if those copper bracelet things work or perhaps some sort of dietary supplement?
    Anyone have any suggestions that may ease some of the symptoms please?

don't know the answer for old age arthritis for the likes of us I've just had a steroid injection in my hip to put off a hip replacement .my daughter has rumatoid arthritis at 44 and says red meat is a problem carn't see that being any use to deer stalkers/eaters

No red meat?!!! Man that would be a problem LOL

I had one of those steroid injections and I was due to go back for further top ups but to be honest I found the initial injection and a few days after as painful as the pain I was experiencing before them! So I chickened out after the first
    Sorry to hear about your daughter though.A very painful affliction and so young as well.

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    After a very care-free youth and middle age involving a couple of bike accidents and a few second places with poachers I am now starting to suffer with aches and pains particularly in my hands.
    I've often wondered if those copper bracelet things work or perhaps some sort of dietary supplement?
    you can get gold injections for your hands if they are still available,also i have cortozone injections in my shoulder through years of throwing things over my shoulder,ps not enough deer, also had epidurals i dont recomend them,painkillers and anti inflammatories never bothered with bracelets ,atb doug, tbh the cortozone ones have helped,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 04-04-2014 at 20:57.
    DONT START

I've had a pain in my groin for about 3 years just like being stabbed with a blunt insterment got worse during the night and woke me up. so at long last was given the needle last week sore for a day or so but well worth it this week I have been much better. don't be a woss and enjoy a few month of relief

OK I am a complete woss with needles,there said it LOL
    I've injected animals and never had a problem with it.I have quite a few tatts and that never bothered me but show me a needle attached to a syringe and I'll give Mo Farah a run for his money

just close your eyes, grip onto something im the same and that needle into ball and socket of hip good job I never saw it before he stuck it in

Man that sounds horrendous

i dont give a monkeys,i am going to see if he can give me more in my knee they worked on my shoulder,my hands are f d ive given up on them thats why i go shooting every chance i can, thats why i dont ever want a epidural again its what they give pregnant women straight into your spine ,you dont sweat you gush,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 04-04-2014 at 21:08.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    My mum managed to keep herself drug (and pain) free for over 15 years following the Margaret Hills regime. Lots of cider vinegar, reduced intake of pulces, no offal and hardly any mature red meat. Younger animals not so much of a problem. Check out the Margaret Hills web site, they publish a few self help guides, you could read it up and see if it would suit you.

This year, having just celebrated her 95 birthday she has decided to eat what she fancies and let the drugs keep the balance!

She has always eaten the venison and boar that I have harvested.

Alan