Thread: BSA Airsporter Stutzen

BSA Airsporter Stutzen

Just a long shot, but if anyone has a BSA Airsporter stutzen, could they measure the barrel length for me please?

Fingers crossed,

Mark

I'm sure I read somewhere they were 18.5 inches in length.

Al

Will measure mine tomorrow, from end of spring chamber to muzzle? deerwarden.

Hi Mark,

Here's a link to a parts plan for the Mk 6 Airsporter. I'm sure T W Chambers & Co could give you the answer if you call them: https://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisp...=24688&Search=

You need to bring that rifle out on my rabbiting permission to christen it soon!

ATB,

Jim

18.5" is the standard length Al. The Stutzen had a shorter carbine barrel.
    Cheers,
    Mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere they were 18.5 inches in length.

Al

Centre of loading port to muzzle is perhaps the easiest. Thanks,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    Will measure mine tomorrow, from end of spring chamber to muzzle? deerwarden.

Done a bit of looking, couldn't find the article I read initially. Came on these two measurements for the airsporter 45cm and 38cm

Al

I tried on of these a while back & should have bought it as they are a nice piece of kit & quite rare in the .177 version I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by buckup View Post
    Centre of loading port to muzzle is perhaps the easiest. Thanks,
    Mark.
    Buckup, my Stutzen measures exactly 14.25" from muzzle to middle of loading tap, in bits at present as I'm trying to repair the crap mods previous owner did, attached a moderator, generally abused it, these are getting rare, have machined up a MK 6 Airsporter action so it could also be built as a centenary type with a longer barrel, very nice stocks on the Stutzen compared to later rifles. deerwarden.

That's great thanks deerwarden.
    I have a standard airsporter in poor condition and have carved a left handed Stutzen stock for myself. I just need to cut the shabby barrel to length and then finish the job. Best regards
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    Buckup, my Stutzen measures exactly 14.25" from muzzle to middle of loading tap, in bits at present as I'm trying to repair the crap mods previous owner did, attached a moderator, generally abused it, these are getting rare, have machined up a MK 6 Airsporter action so it could also be built as a centenary type with a longer barrel, very nice stocks on the Stutzen compared to later rifles. deerwarden.