Well done police Scotland

mickp

Sent my firearms licence away to Pitt street for variation on Tuesday and got it back on Friday, 2 days and everything was granted plus got AOLQ added as well. Keep up the good work very good service. :D:D:D

:D took mine in too counter for a variation last week Mick and the girl did it in 5mins and gave me it straight back could nt beleive it great service

Last edited:
At the risk of being unpopular; when the police were this easy going with Michael Ryan and Thomas Hamilton we slagged them off.

At the risk of being unpopular; when the police were this easy going with Michael Ryan and Thomas Hamilton we slagged them off.

are they not talking about a variation not a new fac, where is your comment relevant
just asking:confused:

Sent my firearms licence away to Pitt street for variation on Tuesday and got it back on Friday, 2 days and everything was granted plus got AOLQ added as well.

I have been told on two occasions now that Police Scotland (formerly L&B) won't do AOLQ
I am 7 weeks into a p1ssing contest over having "Boar" added to two rifles I already have for "1D Deer", that is with written confirmation of Boar days booked
(tried to book with Colin last year and the fecked up the variation, am buggered if I am paying money and wasting someone's diary slots to see if they can deliver this time!)

are they not talking about a variation not a new fac, where is your comment relevant
just asking:confused:
It's relevant because in the case of Michael Ryan he had a history of shooting at people with air guns when he was a teenager, yet was still allowed an FAC. Thomas Hamilton was allowed variations on his certificate for several firearms that he had no place at which to use them as, at the time, his club was small bore only.

Well I've just put in a variation for a .470 double rifle so we'll see. Telephone conversation went ok and I am now interested to see what will happen about bullets. Hopefully be allowed some to get some range time - wherever that range may be!

Back