Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Game Finders

Electronic Game Finders

First post to the forum so hello to fellow stalkers etc.

Has anyone used the new version of these American gadgets and if so what's their opinion?

I can't get a dog because my wife was allergic to my lab!

I use a .308 mainly for roe and it can be a pain in the a***e and elsewhere crawling under pine trees trying to find deer that have run on.

Nick

hi nick
    i looked at these gadgets once and almost settled for the game finder 2 from bushwear, after long sessions talking to a wine glass i decided on a lab, i am sorry to hear of your dilemma but my only advice is
    kick the wife out
    move the dog in ,but be warned beastiality will still hav you scrambling around on all fours
    sorry to much red
    my one concern was the noise as you will be tempted to try and locate deer/boar etc in readiness to shoot as these toys beep as they locate the different heat sources, could send the quarry off the other way but that is my opinion not fact
    many regards stone

I looked at the adverts for them a few years ago and decided I wanted one, not to seek out the animals to shoot, but to seek the carcass once the animal was shot and made cover.
    The only thing that put me off was, there was only one company bringing them in to UK at the time, it was a woodland/forestry company but I can't remember their name, but they wanted the same amount in pounds as they were being advertised in the States in Dollars and I hate being taken for a mug.
    I contacted the Company in the States at the time and they had an agreement with the UK importer not to deal direct so I was stumped.
    So I carried on using the Springer until she got too old and has now passed away.
    If you find any in UK I'd be interested again - maybe!!

It was a hard choice between the dog & the wife but the wife won - just.

The only place I've seen the Game Finders advertised recently is Bush Wear.

Thier place is only 10 minutes up the road from me so I might drop in and see if Alistair Troup has had any feedback before I spend my hard earned.

Probably like everyone else I get fed up when you compare the prices of gear in the USA against the Pound.

It might be the excuse I need to go to America.

ive never heard of one of these? does anyone have a link to where i can see one? i cant have a dog either......shame..

Morning, Tiny,

The American manufacturers website is www.game-finder.com/

I saw the latest model is the hard copy of Bushwear's latest catalogue. I don't think it is on their web page yet.

cheers for that, how much would you buy one for?

I don't have my Bushwear catalogue in the office but from memory I thinks the price was around 250 which is annoying because they only cost $280.

I was browsing the internet at lunch time and found a couple of reviews on www.opticsplanet.com/ Of the three reviews only one gave it a pass. She was a woman so what would she know? Controversial or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Gordon
    I don't have my Bushwear catalogue in the office but from memory I thinks the price was around 250 which is annoying because they only cost $280.

I was browsing the internet at lunch time and found a couple of reviews on www.opticsplanet.com/ Of the three reviews only one gave it a pass. She was a woman so what would she know? Controversial or what?
    i like to see you standing toe to toe with jan andrews when you say that

your in trouble now and your not here a wet day haha! just kidding!