Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magical moment!

Magical moment!

My eldest son turned 14 in February so we wasted no time in applying for a coterminous FAC/SGC. It came through last week. We went for a foot stalk tonight, him with a .22LR and me with a 25.06. Before long we came across a couple of bunnies at about 50-60m. He gets up on the 'monkey sticks' and smacks one neatly through the head. (He has done this numerous times before with his Air Arms S200 .177 and is an annoyingly good shot!).
    A bit futher round the wood and I spy a young 4-point Roe Buck in velvet behind a holly bush. I set him up on the sticks with the 25.06 and tell him to wait with the safety catch applied. I lasered the bush at 124 yds. I tell him to wait until the buck emerges and then to chest shoot it. It wasn't too long before the buck moved to the right a bit. Crack!-Whack! the buck kicks out it's back legs and runs off into the trees. The point of shot showed a good patch of pins and lung blood/tissue. A good blood trail led us about 40-50m into the trees where we find this fella stone dead!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Benjamin's first deer!!.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	582.6 KB 
ID:	40261
    He did the gralloch himself, although I did have to suspend it for him. A textbook mid-chest shot! A very happy boy and an extremely proud Dad! Undoubtedly a magical moment which we will both recount for years to come and a memory which will last forever! Well done mate!
    Dad.

top notch well done to you both ,atb doug,
    DONT START

Superb MS and hats off to the young fella for doing the business

Outstanding ms congrats to you and your lad atb Jim

Well done to the young man!!! Memories for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    My eldest son turned 14 in February so we wasted no time in applying for a coterminous FAC/SGC. It came through last week. We went for a foot stalk tonight, him with a .22LR and me with a 25.06. Before long we came across a couple of bunnies at about 50-60m. He gets up on the 'monkey sticks' and smacks one neatly through the head. (He has done this numerous times before with his Air Arms S200 .177 and is an annoyingly good shot!).
    A bit futher round the wood and I spy a young 4-point Roe Buck in velvet behind a holly bush. I set him up on the sticks with the 25.06 and tell him to wait with the safety catch applied. I lasered the bush at 124 yds. I tell him to wait until the buck emerges and then to chest shoot it. It wasn't too long before the buck moved to the right a bit. Crack!-Whack! the buck kicks out it's back legs and runs off into the trees. The point of shot showed a good patch of pins and lung blood/tissue. A good blood trail led us about 40-50m into the trees where we find this fella stone dead!

He did the gralloch himself, although I did have to suspend it for him. A textbook mid-chest shot! A very happy boy and an extremely proud Dad! Undoubtedly a magical moment which we will both recount for years to come and a memory which will last forever! Well done mate!
    Dad.
    MS he look as happy as can be with that smile well done keep up the good work with your boy
    Djc
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

well done to both of u ,cant beat a dad /son doing stuff together relationship atb iain

Wow a great read
    touch a nerve here ( not in bad way , emotinally)

my 2 boys autistic ( 4&5 yrs) but show signs of wanting to come with dad

I hope / dream of doing exactly as you have done

nice one sir
    a forever memory

paul

Please pass on my hearty congratulations to the lad........................... plus take a pat on the back your self .

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post

Dad.
    Brilliant great read I hope you both have many more moments like this Trevor