lightweight .223

what is the lightest .223 that is a good rifle ,i have a howa 1500 heavy barrel and it is an animal to carry from field to field lamping ,its a great accurate rifle but its just to hard to move around and to HEAVY.. what is my best bet for a light weight .223 if i was gona change ..thanks guys:)

tikka t3 lite, synthetic stock a bit plastic ,feels soft and bendy a little on fore end but extremely good lightwieght and most of all accurate , atb doug,

Kimber Montana at 5lb 6oz, or if wood is preferred the Classic Select at 5lb 13oz.
I looked at them seriously a couple of months ago but decided they were too much money.

Neil. :)

My son has a Remmy Mod 7 in 223, a lovely accurate and light rifle - however I wouldn't swap it for my Sako 75 in 222

what is the lightest .223 that is a good rifle ,i have a howa 1500 heavy barrel and it is an animal to carry from field to field lamping ,its a great accurate rifle but its just to hard to move around and to HEAVY.. what is my best bet for a light weight .223 if i was gona change ..thanks guys:)

The only answer off-the-shelf is a CZ527 in wood - the short barrel 20" Carbine, 22" American (5lb 12oz), or the 24" hump-back Deluxe with sights. All-steel, and a 5-shot metal mag in each.

There is a 3-shot American M1, but this is being dropped.
There's a synthetic 'lightweight' but it's a good bit heavier. :rolleyes:
If you want there's also a much chunkier Varmint model. :D

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/by-category/centerfire-micro/

The only answer off-the-shelf is a CZ527 in wood - the short barrel 20" Carbine, 22" American (5lb 12oz),

You need to ignore the quoted weights, they are far from accurate.
I have a .22Hornet american, with a barrel chop to 18 inches, it still weighs over 6lb.
The 527 Carbine I have in 7.62x39, so lighter than a .223, that still weighs exactly 6lb.
My A-Bolt in .223 is supposed to weight 6lb 4oz, that also weighs a bit more, even with a 2 inch barrel chop.

Neil. :)

I have a browning abolt synthetic stock with a Swarovski 8x56 and ultra z sl5 with bipod too and I find I easy to carry, take the bipod of and it would be even easier. It was only £495 brand new as well

I had a T3 lite in 22.250, lovely light, very accurate, a little plasticy compaired to aSako though, cheers

thank you so much for the replies fella,s ,a question to an du ru fox ,does the t3 light come in wood ,if it does it sounds like id go for it ,i always prefer wood to synthetic but some great choices above im gona check them out and take my time choosing this time ,when i bought the howa in tannyoky guns 2 years ago i was only home from newyork after living there for 15 years and it didnt feel so heavy in the store also the price difference is crazy here from in america..thanks

Back