Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading manual

Reloading manual

Hi Guys

I'm just getting into home loading for my .223 rem and would appreciate your help. I'm going to buy a reloading manual but not sure which one to go for.
    I will be using Vit N113 powder and starting off with Hornady v-max 53gr and 55gr heads. Would you recommend getting the hornady manual or the Lee Manual. Will the Lee have the loads for the V-max in it. Also might try some other heads later on.
    Cheers Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by drum View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm just getting into home loading for my .223 rem and would appreciate your help. I'm going to buy a reloading manual but not sure which one to go for.
    I will be using Vit N113 powder and starting off with Hornady v-max 53gr and 55gr heads. Would you recommend getting the hornady manual or the Lee Manual. Will the Lee have the loads for the V-max in it. Also might try some other heads later on.
    Cheers Guys.
    Confusingly I've got both and some others. I think however Lee and Hornady were the first two manuals I bought. The Lee manual has a very readable section on reloading. I tend to use the Hornady as my reference manual for reloading although to further muddy the waters, I am impressed with the Nosler manual.

You could just proceed with the online Vihtavouri data if you wished?

Regards

JCS

Thank you JCS. Something to think about there. If you only had one manual, which would you keep ?.

Hi
    I have a spare copy of the Lee manual for sale - -pm me if you are interested
    Ed

I have accumulated several manuals which is good for cross reference, I always grab the Lee manual first.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by drum View Post
    Thank you JCS. Something to think about there. If you only had one manual, which would you keep ?.
    The Hornady manual has a compact graphical layout of the data and I find it much easier to read than the Lee manual.

Regards

JCS

Lyman manual is the go to.
    I also have Speer, hornady, vitavhouri and the internet.
    you can never have too many!!

Cheers for your input guys. A mixed bag here, decisions decisions.

The best advice l've had re; Loading Manuals is..... See one, Buy one...... All data is good!! The more you read from "Reputable" sources the better.

Life/Loading's a learning curve.....