Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third Eye Tactical Mod

Third Eye Tactical Mod

Anyone use one? I was going to stay with a Maxim or SL5 for the .308 but looking at one of these.
    Apparently there is a new one out that can be used as a reflex mod, end can or just a brake.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

i had one on a 7mm08 and one on a 223 they are nice, well built and light with decent sound moderation but replaced them both one with a hardy gen 4 the other with a jet z cqb. i would say its on par with the hardy performance wise on the 7mm08 but the jet z is much much quieter when compared to spartan on the 223. Next year im going back to jet z on all my rifles 708 and 30-06

I like the jet z but they are a bit heavy for a stalking rifle.
    Not looked at the hardy
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Not that quiet and quite heavy but very well made and will put up with lots of abuse from fast calibers.

I have one on my .243. Very light (a lot lighter than a t8), though not super quiet. I put mine on a tikka 595, for hinds and woodland use. My criteria was that it wasn't too long and would fit in my leather/canvas bag, it would take the boom out so my ears weren't ringing, when fired in woodland and wouldn't upset the balance of the rifle or make it weigh a ton, especially going up hills. It is strip -able too... Which is nice.

Brooklands Holiday Apartments in North Yorkshire
    www.visitbrooklands.co.uk

Find us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...71190506238710

I have 3 spartan mods, one that is calibre specific for the 17 rem and the others that move between 6.5, 308 and 7mm. I am happy with them all. Perhaps there are quieter mods out there but they are neat not overly heavy and are well made.

I had one and it got sent back as I felt it was way too loud and given the lengthy discussions I'd had with them about how quiet it was I didn't feel they'd been entirely honest about their claims on decibel reductions.
    That said, they were good to deal with, very friendly and helpful and nice to deal with a british firm. the mod is well made, no question about that, and it is similar diameter to the PES T12 but considerably lighter and shorter, I was just more concerned about my hearing and the amount of muzzle flip than the aesthetics.
    I have the PES T12 which I love for sound reduction reasons, but I have to confess I am getting a little tired of lugging such a lump around with me when stalking, it seems there is a compromise with which ever you go with.
    Im intrigued with the Hardy ones, would love to hear one and see how they actually perform, but they do seem to be getting good reviews.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

The second gen version with the new Ti muzzle brake and redesigned baffles is much better by all accounts, although I'm yet to hear it first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I had one and it got sent back as I felt it was way too loud and given the lengthy discussions I'd had with them about how quiet it was I didn't feel they'd been entirely honest about their claims on decibel reductions.
    That said, they were good to deal with, very friendly and helpful and nice to deal with a british firm. the mod is well made, no question about that, and it is similar diameter to the PES T12 but considerably lighter and shorter, I was just more concerned about my hearing and the amount of muzzle flip than the aesthetics.
    I have the PES T12 which I love for sound reduction reasons, but I have to confess I am getting a little tired of lugging such a lump around with me when stalking, it seems there is a compromise with which ever you go with.
    Im intrigued with the Hardy ones, would love to hear one and see how they actually perform, but they do seem to be getting good reviews.

ill do a side by side video at weekend hardy vs cqb

Nice one!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink