cz trigger polishing

kevinc

hi guys has anyone ever had there trigger polished on a cz 527 .222 and how much difference does it make?? as i have been told by many people one of the best rifles to date still is a cz as there a very good working rifle which is why most game keepers have a cz in there cabinet especially with the trigger polished

Why polish a trigger that is already one of the best out there ?
All I have ever done is a lighter spring and adjust properly as per the handbook.
Both mine are set at alb 12oz and break cleanly with no creep or over travel.
If you do decide to try poising just be very careful as you have to consider not just the
trigger and sear, but also how they relate to the set part of the system.

Neil. :)

well its single set trigger not an optional hair trigger when pushed forward so i having it done at a gunsmith i know :) i would like it at 2lbs no less it fussy between 4.5 lbs and 5lbs when i breaks so want it bang on really :) i do love the triggers but i want it smooth with no grinding in between touching and breaking point thats all as it nearly brand new only about 3 months old if that.

kev.

well its single set trigger not an optional hair trigger when pushed forward so i having it done at a gunsmith i know :) i would like it at 2lbs no less it fussy between 4.5 lbs and 5lbs when i breaks so want it bang on really :) i do love the triggers but i want it smooth with no grinding in between touching and breaking point thats all as it nearly brand new only about 3 months old if that.

kev.

So it just wants cleaning and adjusting then, the handbook tells you how to adjust it, and clutch and brake cleaner will flush the grit and grease out.

no its clean as a whistle and i know how to adjust it thats not the problem and i have proper cans of pressure air spray for cleaning dust and grit which i use regular the gun is mint im havin it polished in two weeks now anyways :)

Hell just get out there get familiar with it and shoot it in. Most triggers smooth up as you go along.

im use to the trigger but i want it smooth as silk i just wanted to know who has had it done thats all i can shoot it fine not missing anything with it :)

I suspect not many have had it done, mainly because most are very good straight out of the box.
Yours it would seem is not, so you need to do whatever you decide is right for you, but you are probably
going to be something of a guinea pig as you won't find many gunsmiths who have actually done many CZ SST's
If it were me I would be thinking very carefully about fitting a Timney trigger, and may do mine just for the better
trigger blade shape, and because the blade sits a bit further back as I find it a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:
who dares wins...read up online how/where to polish and give it a fair whack..you feck it up and you replace the trigger but I bet with a bit of research and an intelligent approach you'll come out on top.

personally I have no issues taking my triggers apart and polishing them up, there are more complex things than triggers. no matter what though, always test them for safety using the various testing techniques.

Back