Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N Wales police range

N Wales police range

This vacancy is six days old, but still live, police staff, repairing & making up target frames / cleaning up etc, firearms training complex Rhewl/Ruthin, I spent a short while there covering for staff sickness couple or three years ago, looks like up to about 18K, only squeaky clean applicants I would reckon
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Looked good, right upto the level 2 Welsh required, that's me out!!
    Work them hard, treat them like heros.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomag View Post
    Looked good, right upto the level 2 Welsh required, that's me out!!
    They should offer Level 2 Welsh if you can prove you're already level 1 proficient. The level 2 is an ideal that they would like so it's still worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    only squeaky clean applicants I would reckon
    ...................no cops need apply then!!! seriously, a few years ago the criteria became less to join the police force then it is to gain a FAC!!

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    ...................no cops need apply then!!! seriously, a few years ago the criteria became less to join the police force then it is to gain a FAC!!

Ian.
    Brunstrom had kittens when he found out I was working there!!!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Forgot to mention, still have my issued copy of the "Range orders".... Front cover depicting what I believe to be a figure, lifted from a photograph of a certain chappie rappelling through a Balcombe street window.

Yeah but thankfully he's off on his retirement now! He was quite a character to put it mildly.

Anyone applying for the job will go through security vetting to SC level as a civilian member of staff. Nothing to worry about believe me, especially if you already have your FAC.
    Last edited by Roelander; 20-04-2014 at 16:47.

What is Level 2 Welsh? I dont have Level 2 Welsh but I am first Language Welsh does that count?

Seems there is a L2 in most stuff

Quote Originally Posted by multiman View Post
    What is Level 2 Welsh? I dont have Level 2 Welsh but I am first Language Welsh does that count?
    You'll be first in the queue then! The L1/2 is for English speaking candidates as everything is supposed to be bilingual. To be honest, most staff do the level 1 and that's all so the level 2 is more a wish list.