Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: 300 win mag

  1. #1

    300 win mag

    Is it better to stick with .300 win mag or go for something newer.

  2. #2
    Depends what it's for....... A bit more info would be helpful.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

  3. #3
    Will a new one kill things better?
    Tusker

  4. #4
    .300 Win Mag was new once. Doesn't do much that the .30 Newton didn't before...

  5. #5
    mines around 30 odd years old and its still a smooth action and kills deer all day long, i say keep it, I have just bought another that is the same age as me, something to hang on to I am a sucker for older classic rifles, atb wayne

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

  6. #6
    SD Regular johngryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Posts
    3,412
    Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    .300 Win Mag was new once. Doesn't do much that the .30 Newton didn't before...
    Try and buy ready rolled ammo for a Newt then.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

    সাম্বার হরিণ



  7. #7
    Established Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tokoroa, South Waikato,NZ
    Posts
    160
    I prefer the 300H&H a real classic does what the others do just as well

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by johngryphon View Post
    Try and buy ready rolled ammo for a Newt then.
    HaHa!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboy View Post
    Is it better to stick with .300 win mag or go for something newer.
    Get rid of it. Only new cartridges are worth owning even if they are ballistically equivalent to the one it's replacing. Make sure it takes a lot more powder though, and has the words "Ultra" or "Super" in the name. Oh! And get one that it is nearly impossible to get a good, steady supply of brass for, and for which the dies are really expensive. you wouldn't want your neighbor jumping onto your bandwagon.~Muir

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Get rid of it. Only new cartridges are worth owning even if they are ballistically equivalent to the one it's replacing. Make sure it takes a lot more powder though, and has the words "Ultra" or "Super" in the name. Oh! And get one that it is nearly impossible to get a good, steady supply of brass for, and for which the dies are really expensive. you wouldn't want your neighbor jumping onto your bandwagon.~Muir
    Muir. You are just such a 'bad' person. How are those poor rifle and ammunition manufacturers going to make any money with folk like you around, peeing on their matches ?

Similar Threads

  1. .300 Win Mag
    By finnbear270 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 16-12-2014, 17:05
  2. Wanted LOOKING FOR A 300 WIN MAG or a 338 LAP MAG AW
    By newsatten in forum Firearms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-02-2014, 07:22
  3. 7mm Rem Mag or 300 win mag
    By Roebuck270 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-09-2012, 18:44
  4. Is any one reloading for a 300 win mag (or other mag round)
    By swede in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 18:03
  5. Wanted .300 win mag aics 5 shot mag
    By Mukiwa in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 09:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •