Durable lamp

Fursty Ferret

Can anyone recommend a heavy duty/hardwearing handheld lamp.
The lightforce and similar lamps I have used all seem to have wiring issues and just don't last the test of time. Will be used from truck window or quad so will get some abuse.
Also tried a cordless HID lamp but found the beam far too tight for spotting
Clusons any good?

Cheers

Recently bought a Clulite PLR400 and very impressed with it. Excellent range, lightweight, lasts for hours on continuously and no cable getting wrapped round the handbrake. Fits in your pocket too so you can go walkabout. Need to get the filter set for it though, forgot to order it at the time.

Recently bought a Clulite PLR400 and very impressed with it. Excellent range, lightweight, lasts for hours on continuously and no cable getting wrapped round the handbrake. Fits in your pocket too so you can go walkabout. Need to get the filter set for it though, forgot to order it at the time.

Is that the pistol type lamp?
Does the lack of a reflector result in a very tight beam?

It is the pistol type and it was the filters I was talking about forgetting to order. I usually use an amber one for foxes or occasionally red and it has a good range. Beam is tight but it's what I want as I use it to spot them at long range then switch to a laser designator. Modified my lightforce 170 to an HID and it is good but seemed to be such a white/bright light that it seemed to scare everything and the filters didn't work on the HID. http://clulite.cluson.co.uk/led-torches/578-plr-400-pistol-light-rechargeable.html

Last edited:
I know you shouldn't have to tinker when getting a new light, I stick with Lightforce , but get the wiring tinkered with by one of my mates and they're pretty robust after that, also one of the best beams to use. (I think anyhow)

M

Back