****e on TV

6.5/284matt

The misses is out so I got a go with the remote. Just flicking to what's on and saw a programme title that I thought couldn't be right, but I was wrong, it really is a programme about sewing.
Whatever next?
Think the dogs need another walk.

It could be a mutitude of some otherdrivel, dancing /singing/falling/cooking/having sex/on ice, how to make yourself 20yrs younger, f n invent a time machine go back in time ,stop drinking coke and eating f n burgers, oh and how to make bread,:cuckoo: i think thats the reason i still watch cartoons it takes more work and time to make a cartoon than all that tripe put together :rofl:

Last edited:
Yes, I watch less and less TV these days. The few times a month I have a scan it is just the same stuff I was looking at last year, for the most part. Too much to do out doors this time of year to be stuck indoors watching another screen for hours.

The misses is out so I got a go with the remote. Just flicking to what's on and saw a programme title that I thought couldn't be right, but I was wrong, it really is a programme about sewing.
Whatever next?
Think the dogs need another walk.
Do people still sew things? .. i thought they binned the said item and bought a new one.
Kids of today wouldn`t know which end of a needle to pass the thread through.

Do people still sew things?

Sewing is the new Baking, apparently. Is on of those TV fashion things I have been told by those that know. Important to some no doubt.

I celebrate these programmes and long may they continue, without the X-factor, sewing/baking/whatever etc, I'd get to spend far less time out and about or in my shed of an evening so the wife can watch them in peace.

it keeps the general population sat at home, and not causing trouble,

also they aint wandering about in the woods up to no good.

it keeps the general population sat at home, and not causing trouble,

also they aint wandering about in the woods up to no good.

This. ^

And this...

Too much to do out doors this time of year to be stuck indoors watching another screen for hours.

My better half is away this week visiting her parents. The result is a week of snack suppers, followed by a few hours out foxing, and a warming whisky nightcap when I get in.

I shall be delighted when she gets back of course. But it's nice to swap the pleasures of home for the pleasures of the field now and again.

Do people still sew things? .. i thought they binned the said item and bought a new one.
Kids of today wouldn`t know which end of a needle to pass the thread through.

Well the zip on my rifle slip is falling apart causing the stock to peep out at inopportune times, which I can't be having in public. And therefore, I am going to do some sewing very shortly. Although I'm not too sure how, because I don't think that the cordura-like cheapo fabric lends itself to being sewn without tearing. I think that after I've stitched it, I'm going to douse the lot in Superglue. Essentially, I'm condemning the base of the slip.

I'll try and find something of higher quality at the Game Fair.

dont knock sewing ,as a young man i have hand stiched a entire set of driving horse harness, leather waistcoats and sewn boot soles on ,i now enjoy canvas work ,hand stiching sail cloth to make gun slips and kitbags ,and recently took a pr of plusfours i liked apart to copy ,bought some tweed of ebay cut them out and stiched them up , a man should be able to shorten let out or mend and darn his own kit so there might be somthing to learn from the sewing programs on the tv

Last edited:
dont get me wrong i can sew of a fashion ,just look at the crutch on my regular shooting trousers ,i think the farmers know how tall i am and place the top strand 1 inch higher,anyway i learned to sew because my wifes given up on them,just wish i could repair my cartridge belts as good ,:rofl:atb doug,

dont knock sewing ,as a young man i have hand stiched a entire set of driving horse harness, leather waistcoats and sewn boot soles on ,i now enjoy canvas work ,hand stiching sail cloth to make gun slips and kitbags ,and recently took a pr of plusfours i liked apart to copy ,bought some tweed of ebay cut them out and stiched them up , a man should be able to shorten let out or mend and darn his own kit so there might be somthing to learn from the sewing programs on the tv

I like you!

K

It could be a mutitude of some otherdrivel, dancing /singing/falling/cooking/having sex/on ice, how to make yourself 20yrs younger, f n invent a time machine go back in time ,stop drinking coke and eating f n burgers, oh and how to make bread,:cuckoo: i think thats the reason i still watch cartoons it takes more work and time to make a cartoon than all that tripe put together :rofl:

Doug, from that list of tripe it looks like you spend way too much time in front of the box? When ever my mrs asks is there anything I want to watch or can I put X Y or Z on, my standard reply is arsed I'm not watching anything anyway. At most I out a music channel on just for background noise

Hi wingy hey i dont watch any of that crap thats my misses , it does my head in so i wind her up and start cleaning my rifles it does her head in , then she turns round after fifteen mins and says bogoff lampin or something, after 37 yrs together its the TIMES APART that stand out,!:rofl:

Back