Thread: Dogs chasing deer

Dogs chasing deer

Got a call from the farmer where I keep my caravan telling me the farmer next door had a young roe buck chased down and killed by a dog yesterday late afternoon.
    The area is just to the east of Newmains, North Lanarkshire
    The dog looked like a GWP and didn't have a collar which after the kill wandered off.
    It was lucky that there are no sheep on the farm at the moment otherwise it would have joined the dead deer.
    Local Plod had been notified and took photos and went on a tour of the area to try and find it but no further info.

If you're in the area keep an eye out.

Ed

A lot of the travelling folk up that neck of the woods eddie.

You can have a condition put on your cert which say's, may shoot any animal to protect any other animal or human being

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    You can have a condition put on your cert which say's, may shoot any animal to protect any other animal or human being
    More details please as I thought it only applied to farmed deer within an enclosure, or domestic animals such as sheep, didn't think it covered wild deer only the act of illegally coursing them and other animals. If you have any thing new that may be of interest to the above incident let us know.deerwarden

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    CAREFUL NOW! It's not as simple as that. First of you cannot shoot a dog legally for chasing wild dear. If you do shoot a dog for chasing/worrying livestock then you need to tell the police within 24hours.

Face facts and accept that dogs do occasional chase and kill deer. Even the best trained dogs do it...