Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advise on torch purchase

Advise on torch purchase

I am after a torch for home. I quite like the Maglite range, but I am rather confused as they have an awful lot of variants. I know I want something decently bright around 20-30cm long, and I do not want to spend a fortune. What are the differences between their incadecent and the LED range? I am also not clear on how many Cells I should aim for. They have two, three and four cells from what I can see, plus variants of each of their torches named 'D', 'C' etc. Does anyone have experience with these? I would be obliged for some tips. Thanks in advance!

I know that carrying one with more than 3 batteries in would be classed as carrying an offensive weapon

The ones i had were a little "greedy" on batteries but they were very tough.

If I remember rightly the C and D denotes the number of batteries or size of batteries it takes?

I've moved onto a cree torch for in the house to be honest.Only a cheapy from China but rechargable and does the job nicely
    Last edited by perdix; 09-04-2014 at 21:59.

Olight M22 Warrior . . .

Stunning torch and will make even the largest maglite look like a candle in the wind

I have one, use it for work, around the house, and always have it with me stalking in case of a follow up at last light.

Not sure of your budget, but you won't be disappointed if you opt for a Warrior.
    Last edited by Cadex; 09-04-2014 at 22:08.

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    I know that carrying one with more than 3 batteries in would be classed as carrying an offensive weapon

The ones i had were a little "greedy" on batteries but they were very tough.

If I remember rightly the C and D denotes the number of batteries or size of batteries it takes?

I've moved onto a cree torch for in the house to be honest.Only a cheapy from China but rechargable and does the job nicely
    I plan to have it at home and not to carry it with me. Will that still fall under the offensive weapon category?

Thanks for the advice guys. Both torches look very decent, but a maglite is heavier, if you catch my drift. It is a bonus....

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    I plan to have it at home and not to carry it with me. Will that still fall under the offensive weapon category?
    Nope, it just falls under the large torch category. .

Lighting - Heinnie Haynes

Feast your eyes over some of these, more than enough lighting to be getting on with, I have a nite core have owned it for about 11years and it has never missed a beat (even got spare parts with it when I bought it) now known as nextorch.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
    Nope, it just falls under the large torch category. .
    Good. Now, regarding my earlier comment, I am after the best combination of price, lumen strength and versatility...

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    No mate.
    You can even have a knuckleduster in your house without problems.It's when you take it anywhere including in your car that a long torch could get you in some bother if stopped