Thread: Ellie - my little mate

Ellie - my little mate

This is Ellie, my now 5 month old GSP pup. She had her first duck opening a few weeks ago and has been retrieving very well. I bought her primarily as a deer dog though, when she was a pup I shot a nice fallow with her but last weekend I managed to take my first deer with just her and myself while she was off the lead, a nice menil fallow spiker. She tracked him after the shot. Skun him out for a rug and should be a tasty little bit of meat. A long way to go but she's already my best friend and a pleasure to have by my side in the bush.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1850.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	40396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1889.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	761.8 KB 
ID:	40397

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    She looks a corker!

I'm guessing she already knows who's boss as well

Keep up the good work and let us know how it goes with her.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by jphunter View Post
    This is Ellie, my now 5 month old GSP pup. She had her first duck opening a few weeks ago and has been retrieving very well. I bought her primarily as a deer dog though, when she was a pup I shot a nice fallow with her but last weekend I managed to take my first deer with just her and myself while she was off the lead, a nice menil fallow spiker. She tracked him after the shot. Skun him out for a rug and should be a tasty little bit of meat. A long way to go but she's already my best friend and a pleasure to have by my side in the bush.
    She looks a cracker! Great to see another dogs thats not "just a working dog", mans best friend is too good for that. I don't think I managed to keep mine of the lead for a shot till she was about 18months.

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    She looks a cracker! Great to see another dogs thats not "just a working dog", mans best friend is too good for that. I don't think I managed to keep mine of the lead for a shot till she was about 18months.
    I agree mate, know a lot of guys that just treat their dogs as tools, Ellie's a mate first hunter second. Had her out again this morning hunting red deer as its peak rut at the moment. She pointed a couple of kangaroos and a wallaby. When the wallaby took off so did she! so back on the lead for a while again now.