Thread: ASE jet z CQB question

ASE jet z CQB question

Ive searched the web and on here but i cant find the answers im after

i have a sako 85 .223 20 inch barrel ive sold my wildcat p8 and im after a new mod
    the general consensus is that the ASE mods are very good but my questions are

- the CQB is made from mild steel and not stainless i believe so are there any issues with them rotting out like the t8 ?

- ive heard people say the CQB is the quietest mod they've heard on a .223 i know different people hear things differently and all that but on a .22 CF are they really that good ?

- if anyone has anything else to offer please add but i dont want a stripable mod or a lightweight ally mod as i do range work i shoot in all about 1000 rounds a year and i want something thats sort of fit and forget

AU-SL5 would be my recommendation. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    Ive searched the web and on here but i cant find the answers im after

i have a sako 85 .223 20 inch barrel ive sold my wildcat p8 and im after a new mod
    the general consensus is that the ASE mods are very good but my questions are

- the CQB is made from mild steel and not stainless i believe so are there any issues with them rotting out like the t8 ?

- ive heard people say the CQB is the quietest mod they've heard on a .223 i know different people hear things differently and all that but on a .22 CF are they really that good ?

- if anyone has anything else to offer please add but i dont want a stripable mod or a lightweight ally mod as i do range work i shoot in all about 1000 rounds a year and i want something thats sort of fit and forget
    Good mod, I have two , fit one & be happy!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

dont know if this helps any, i have the ase s5 heavy short and dumpy about 61/2 inches if you take it off and give it a squirt of whatever it will outlast my rifle and its on 223 its about the same to me as the 17 hmr noise wise,atb doug,
    DONT START

Go for CQB. Excellent moderator. Mine is over 6 years old and still going strong. A squirt of WD40 and leave to stand on a heater when wet. I also do the outside of mine with turtle wax car polish, the water just drips off and doesn't cling.

The difference between the SL5 and the S5 is the SL has 3 baffles and the s series has 4 baffles so the S series would be a better bet but both work very well

Ive got a CQB fitted to my Tikka 223 and its very quite ,and as others say take it of when finished shooting and a good squirt of WD then store it somewhere warm

Thank you all for your comments ive ordered a calibre specific CQB so im looking forward to trying it
    my reasons for going for that specific one is
    -lighter than the p8 i had been using
    -smaller diameter about 40mm so i shouldn't see it in the scope hopefully
    -built like a tank so should be fit and forget (other than when not in use )
    -none stripable so nothing to come loose
    -the same one is supplied for AR type guns in fully auto so it can take some abuse

I'll put up some pics when its all sorted thank you all

I have bough an SL5 in 30 cal and a CQBS in .22 this year, the weight is about the same, but the 30 cal SL5 is a bit loud on a .223
    hence the extra mod, but are solidly made.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by mark@mbb View Post
    The difference between the SL5 and the S5 is the SL has 3 baffles and the s series has 4 baffles so the S series would be a better bet but both work very well
    The S5 is the older machined version and is no longer supplied new but makes a great second hand purchase however it is heavier than the newer SL5. The SL5 is the 'light' version hence the 'L' designation and is made of fabricated st/st. Both are excellent and having used both can recommend them.
    Iain