Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this up to the job ?

Is this up to the job ?

How many on here use one of these,Curious to know if they`re up to the job ?
    I`ve heard say that the blades have a tendency to snap at the point and the lock doesn't always function, which to me is a massive safety problem
    The Idea ( whilst not new ) looks good, but I`ll need more convincing

Bob

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Yes, I had/have one of the early ones.

I never had any problems with the blade snapping or not locking, but I stopped using it simply because I don't like using folders in the field as you inevitably get cr@p lodged in the gaps. Fine if you only ever shoot one beast per outing, but a pain otherwise.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Had one since they first became available. Never had a problem with failing locks or snapping points.

I've got one and it's the one with the sadvik blade and I struggle to keep a good edge on it so I've gone back to Buck should have never left and as already said its a bugger to clean at the pivot point bazil

Had one for about 4 years, no problems at all. Throw it in the dishwasher after stalk, ready to use next outing.

I bought a folder, used it once, pierced the gut due to shape of the point being real pointy, never used it again,

I had the folding one & used it for three seasons with no problem then halfway through gralloching I noticed the point had snapped of , couldn't for the life of me see how it had happened , I hadn't forced the blade at all & hadn't dropped it. I have bought a new one on the basis it might have been my fault , it will be interesting to see how many more people have had a problem ...

Quote Originally Posted by highseat6.5 View Post
    I had the folding one & used it for three seasons with no problem then halfway through gralloching I noticed the point had snapped of , couldn't for the life of me see how it had happened , I hadn't forced the blade at all & hadn't dropped it. I have bought a new one on the basis it might have been my fault , it will be interesting to see how many more people have had a problem ...
    Exactly the same for me top half inch just disappeared, I cant honestly say how it happened.

Had one since they came to the forefront and I love it. Great knife and good feel in the hand. The only down side was the sheath it came with was pants so I ended up forking out another 20 odd quid for ASH243 from the site to make me another (which is a belter). Getting crud in the gap is a bit of a non issue as I tend to clean the knife after every use anyway.

I have the EKA one, is it up to the job? Yes.
    I've heard that the Outdoor Edge one is like a cheap copy of the EKA but don't know if that's true.
    Virtutis Gloria Merces