Thread: Introduction: Young and keen sportsman

Introduction: Young and keen sportsman

Evening,

I am keen to gain more experience in the field of deer stalking. I have been stalking accompanying my Grandad a number of times in Essex when he belonged to a syndicate there. I watched him take a number of fallow deer and muntjac. When I turned 18 he took me as a treat for my first stag in Scotland. Since taking my first deer I have been hooked and am desperate to get out and take my second; but being at uni mad time a massive factor. Now, at 22, and recently finished uni, I aim to get out and take my second beast!

I am from Kent, and predominantly am a passionate wildfowler and amateur wildlife photographer. I have fired rifles in .243 and .270 calibers, and am aiming to apply for a FAC once I complete my DSC level 1. But I want to gain a little more experience in stalking before I go ahead with that. I currently own a shotgun certificate, so am aware of being safety conscious at all times and responsible.

Hope to learn from everyone on here and make the most of any advertised stalking opportunities. Could even do a swap with anyone who wants to give wildfowling a bash!

Thanks for reading.

Byron.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by BT Ron KWCA View Post
    Could even do a swap with anyone who wants to give wildfowling a bash!

Thanks for reading.

Byron.
    Hello Byron and welcome!

I don't have much to swap unfortunately but after seven years of hopeless wildfowling with the KWCA, I could use some local help. I must point out that the hopelessness isn't because of the KWCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Hello Byron and welcome!

I don't have much to swap unfortunately but after seven years of hopeless wildfowling with the KWCA, I could use some local help. I must point out that the hopelessness isn't because of the KWCA.
    Hi mate,

The KWCA has so much good land, and I was lucky enough to be brought up with a dad and grandad that already know the marshes well. So I have gained this knowledge quickly and enjoy many successful days; that's not to say that I draw a blank more often than not, but that's just how it goes with both wildfowing and stalking.

Where do you go? I could give you some pointers, personal message me for a chat about the marshes.

Cheers,

Byron.