Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little prob

Little prob

Right people a mate has just loaded some home loads cal 223 and he resized brass not just neck and they don't fit in his chamber ie they prob would if you slammed the bolt forward but I said it's not recommended to do that it's a tikka and it's had a new barrel on it this is not the first time he has had probs? All cases under max and coal under make??? ??? Now I reckon it's hitting the shoulder of the brass as it's slightly brighter when you try to chamber the round any thoughts ????

He needs to push the shoulder back a little, either break them all down, or carefully use a body die.
    To be honest I'm not sure how safe that would be, it is possible with a body die, but that doesn't
    make it a good idea ?

Neil.

buy a headspace comparator and check size against a fired factory round.

pull one run it through either a fl or body die then retry chambering it
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Well they where all fl sized RCBS DIES ???? This is what I'm not understanding ??

are you touching the shell holder when you set the die up ??

Spud please tell me what number shell holder is in rcbs??? Think you might be on a winner here ?

what caliber

Rcbs dies should be screwed down to touch shell holder then given an extra 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn extra this ensures it sizes the case to sammi specs and should then feed smoothly into your chamber

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    Rcbs dies should be screwed down to touch shell holder then given an extra 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn extra this ensures it sizes the case to sammi specs and should then feed smoothly into your chamber

+1