222 remmy

buckeroo

just wondering what you fellow shooters shoot in there 222 got given a box of factory 62g norma sp to try i shoot sako ammo 50g sp .does anybody use these and how well do they shoot .

shoot 60gr hornady soft points in a 1:14 barrel keeping the speed down to just below factory speeds
it is testing the twist rate and on paper shouldn't work

would love to see how 62gr works out

In my present Renington 722 thats chambered for the 222 REM I shoot anything from 40-52 grains .

In some of the 700 BDL Varmint Specials I had I shot mostly 52-55 match bullets as they were mainly for punching holes in paper .

My maternal grandfather used that 722 222 from 1958 until his death 6 years ago . He shot 45 grainers the entire time . Killed many many many groundhogs . Back in the 50's 60's he killed even more hawks with the rifle . And over the course of years he killed a few deer and turkey with the gun . He shot one of the largest bodied deer I ever saw alive in my life with said rifle . That was about 1970 I think , he always brain shot them and the caliber made little difference .

just got back from weekend testing 62g so far very good had ten rounds to play with kept 4 back went out on sat nite last 2 hours daylight got a button buck poor sod only had 1 nut then out with lamp and foxes hate them.so just ordered 100 from my gunshop .

remmy 700 std gun trigger down to 1lb thats it no mod but a friend is going to screwcut and make me a mod

Cheers buckeroo was just wondering as I have a fairly new t3 that I've not really put through its paces yet , but it's shooting 50gr ammo well so far but not tried anything else yet

Back