Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson dies...... Advice please.

Wilson dies...... Advice please.

I was chatting with a dealer about Wilson dies after reading a few articles and had intended to purchase some in caliber 308 and 25-06. I had assumed that it would be an easy process but the dealer knew less than me and even after returning that he couldn't work out what I needed, which bushings to get (his words).

So, I'd be grateful for any advice from those who own and use these.

Thanks

They are great dies and very compact but can work out a bit pricey. If you get a seated sized case and mease the width of the neck then that is your neck size and take a couple of thou off that measurement to give you your two thou neck tension. Some people use one thou, some people three.
    You can also calculate by using a ball micrometer and measure the wall thickness of your brass, times by two for each side, add you bullet diameter and take off your neck tension.
    Sounds much more complicated than it really is.
    They are easy to use and make very concentric rounds easily.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    They are great dies and very compact but can work out a bit pricey. If you get a seated sized case and mease the width of the neck then that is your neck size and take a couple of thou off that measurement to give you your two thou neck tension. Some people use one thou, some people three.
    You can also calculate by using a ball micrometer and measure the wall thickness of your brass, times by two for each side, add you bullet diameter and take off your neck tension.
    Sounds much more complicated than it really is.
    They are easy to use and make very concentric rounds easily.
    I cant agree with you over price BK, for the UK price of equivalent Redding Comp dies, you can get a complete Wilson dies/arbour press set up including micrometre head sent over from Sinclair, that includes shipping duty and tax.

Ian.

As above, sinclairs is good for relaoding bits.

ring me ill get you sorted plus i have them in stock and shopuld have all the bushings 01263 732740
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Poor old Wilson, let us know when the funeral is !!

Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    Poor old Wilson, let us know when the funeral is !!
    He can't be dead - he was given the secret of eternal youth by some hermit up in Yorkshire (as any fule kno)

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    ring me ill get you sorted plus i have them in stock and shopuld have all the bushings 01263 732740
    Spud knows watch his vid's

yea spud knows i was speaking to her actually yesterday
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

SD Regular
    What Wilson dies will NOT do is to make an rifle any more accurate than it already is. For most sporting rifles they are a waste of money. An amusing waste of money. But nonetheless a waste of money. But they do allow you to reload on an arbor press and so save the need for an expensive compound leverage press.