Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Browning A bolt ?

Browning A bolt ?

I handled one of these today and I was very taken with it's small size and low weight.

I know the T bolt is more feature rich but the .223 A bolt was lovely in the shoulder.

Anyone got any experience or comments ?

Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by .30-06 View Post
    I handled one of these today and I was very taken with it's small size and low weight.

I know the T bolt is more feature rich but the .223 A bolt was lovely in the shoulder.

Anyone got any experience or comments ?

Thanks for looking
    I know it's not the same but my first gun was aXbolts in 243 still got it and I will be taking it with me to Lockerbie in the morning great gun for the price
    DJC
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

Had one for years in .270 for the Highland hills, its a pleasure to carry round all day as it is so lightweight. I've always shot 130g ammo through it and don't have any concerns about the recoil that some complain about even without a moderator. Great killing machine.

They are really nice and handy, a crisp action that chambers and extracts with effortlessly, a chrome plated trigger and sear which is very smooth, and they are quite accurate. My son has a .308 Winchester synthetic. I have an A-Bolt .22 Gold Medallion, and am looking for a .223 to match it.

Have been thinking about one of these myself also looked at the ruger american down at kelso but wasent impressed with it

I have an A Bolt Medallion in .243, love it, in fact I like it so much I've just bought a Euro Bolt in .270(same gun, just a different stock and bolt handle) can't wait for my variation to come back so I can pick it up, the .243 A Bolt is light, accurate, not ammo fussy and has a great mag design and tang mounted safety.

hi jase did you get the euro 270 off here it looked a nice good, cheap rifle sorry not trying to highjack the thread just curios,
    DONT START

Many thanks for the rapid and positive feedback

I like light guns - that is, I like them better than a heavy gun when I have to lug one around all day

With a moderator and Meopta scope it was still a featherweight...

dont forget if your 6 foot odd and built like an elk 10pounds isnt heavy, but if your like mo farrah half a pound makes a difference,
    DONT START

Have one of these in 243, its a gem does all that is expected of it, don't shoot lighter ammo weights but she digests most in the 75-100g range, cycles very smoothly, loves Remmington ammo, shoots 1 hole groups with the 75g & 95g accutips, handles well & puts up with being worked & getting dirty..